iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Howdy! from a new member

Started by PineHill4488, November 06, 2013, 04:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PineHill4488

Well not exactly new, last December and January, I joined as simplertimes and in the meantime totally forgot then today joined as PineHill4488 (a better descriptor of the area that I live). Thanks moderators for approving me.

The property, house on 20 acres of mixed hardwoods and softwoods in Northeast Arkansas, that the wife and I bought in late 2008 using my VA benefit (6 years in the US NAVY) is turning into a dream come true. We truly enjoy the place. She would enjoy it much more if the chickens were a little farther from the house.

To move me in that direction, my Husq 345 w/16" firewood saw has been joined by a Stihl 660 w/ 25" with two additional chains, ordered a 36" Alaskan mill from northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company (awaiting delivery, bought 36" rollomatic and 3 ripping chains, a machinist student made slabbing brackets for me (we worked it in as a math assignment), new two gallon gas can filled.

Looking forward to T'giving Break and Christmas Break to make piles and piles of saw dust. Then fashioning a couple chicken houses from the trees moving onto a gazebo for relaxing in during the evening with a pouring of Devil's Cut and a stogie.

Grand plans, I know, health issues have been dealt with and I am feeling energetic.

I will keep all posted!

Greg
Fall 2013 purchased Stihl MS 660 and an Alaskan 36" mill, am happy with the setup, hobbyist not a volume producer, have milled oak, hickory, yellow pine, and power poles.

Hillbilly Rick

Pinehill, that sounds like a winner. I'm about an hour and a half from Poplar Bluff, in the hills of S.E. Missouri. My wife and I live on a ridge that (in the winter) allows us to see the upper part of the Black River. Truly God's country!
I haven't tried Devil's cut, but some Jack Daniels goes well with a stogie too.
  Thank you for your service, old Army here,
    Rick 
Socially unacceptable, Politically incorrect
Stihl MS 460 magnum with big bore kit, ported
J'red 2145
Homelite XL
Older than many on this site, Homelite XL
Ford F-350 7.3 diesel crew cab, flatbed, dually 4x4
Arctic Cat 500 4x4

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

PineHill4488

Dear Moderator,
Apologies, I did not mean to offend. An advisor at Granberg International suggested them as a source for the mill. In all other aspects, I support local businesses whenever possible. They have frequently been less expensive than suppliers seen on the forum.

I will be more aware in the future, thanks for educating me.

Greg
Fall 2013 purchased Stihl MS 660 and an Alaskan 36" mill, am happy with the setup, hobbyist not a volume producer, have milled oak, hickory, yellow pine, and power poles.

Thank You Sponsors!