iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E2400 blower motor

Started by DeerMeadowFarm, November 06, 2013, 09:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeerMeadowFarm

Anyone have a Grainger number for a replacement to these blowers? Mine is dead.

Local4Fitter

No number here but I would like to know it also. How long did the original last? Any signs that it was failing or did it just stop working. Doug
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

DeerMeadowFarm

Well, the first year I had the boiler, I didn't get it on-line until around January. Last year I ran it a full winter season (no summer use). So, being generous, I'd say I ran 9 cords of wood through it total. Far too little to have to be replacing stuff IMHO. I had to replace the air tube in the center; $90. The fan is going to run me $160. My door gasket is just starting to leak. My internal side plates where the air holes are have buckled and are starting to pull away from the wall; probably why I had so much crap to clean out of them. I love my boiler when it runs good, but when it doesn't, I hate it. I would not recommend this boiler to anyone. In fact, my dealer is going to get an earfull from me when I go get this fan tonight.  >:(

scott60

See this thread about CB Eclassic blowers.  The original poster was talking about a 2300 and found a substitute for his and explained how to "remount" the blower to easily access some oil ports.  The blower looks like the same as my 1400 so it may be the same as your 2400. 

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,61899.0.html

thecfarm

Those motors should be oiled too. In the manual that I got with my blower motor it says,"The motor bearing should be relubricated with 10 to 20 drops of SAE 10W or 20W nondetergent oil (ML-type) or electric motor oil". This is a Dayton motor.
I have a number for my heatmor blower and it looks alot like the one in the thread that was posted,Dayton 6FHX8. It comes up on google.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DeerMeadowFarm

Well, here we go. I picked up a new blower from the dealer yesterday. I got it home only to discover that there was no screen guard on the squirrel cage. No big deal; I'll just put the one from the old motor on....except, the old one has 2 mounting holes and the new one has 3. Drill press to modify the old guard fixed that problem! Now, there's no plug on the new blower. I cut the one off the old blower but which wire goes to what? Thet're all the same color....50/50 chance....I wire it up and try it; it works! Fired the boiler up and it got up to temperature nicely! Happy, happy, happy.

I get up this morning, the house is warm, I look out at the boiler and see a wisp of smoke from the stack and figure that it must have just ended a burn cycle. A half hour later I go out to top off the boiler before work, open the bypass, wait for the required 16 seconds, then open the door. NO FAN! WTH????? I open the back, the solenoid is open but the motor is not turning, not even a noise. I spin it by hand; it's free. I rap on the motor, nothing. I unplug it and plug it back in; nothing.

You have got to be kidding me.... Now what?  >:(

thecfarm

When I open my door I flip a switch that interrupts the power to the fans. If I don't flip the switch and my OWB drops down to my low setting the fans will come on and the smoke will come out the door at me. Are yours fans suppose to be on when the door is open?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: thecfarm on November 07, 2013, 08:45:05 AM
Are yours fans suppose to be on when the door is open?

Always has before.....

Plus, once I close the door, my controller indidcated that it was attempting a high burn. Opening the back revealed the solenoids had the intakes open but the fan was not blowing...

I'm sure now that the wisp of smoke I saw in the morning wasn't the end of a burn cycle but rather the solenoid was open and it was drawing whatever air it could naturally through the open solenoid.

Local4Fitter

DMF are you back up and running? Was the fan covered under warranty?
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

DeerMeadowFarm

I am running. Checked the voltage and I'm only 108 at the motor but 120 coming in. Dealer is supposed to check with CB on possible controller issues. I'm at deer camp so my wife is running it. So far it's been working fine.

stumper

woodmills1

my stove company went out of business, so no warrenty items(I went with the 20 year plan)

my blower quit last winter at 8 years

found it easily at a local electric motor shop and it was cheap

looked at it and found that the lube ports had been blocked by the installation methed, so even ifin I  new they were ther I could not lube them
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

thecfarm

stumper,that's a nice price. We all should buy one and keep it for a spare.

bobby s

I've got the one Stumper showed on the shelf for a spare. Not to stray off topic, but as an e classic owner I also like to keep a few spare solenoids on hand. I've had two short out on me in the last year.

Roger2561

Quote from: bobby s on November 13, 2013, 08:02:33 PM
I've got the one Stumper showed on the shelf for a spare. Not to stray off topic, but as an e classic owner I also like to keep a few spare solenoids on hand. I've had two short out on me in the last year.

Howdy neighbor!  I'm in NH too.  Which E-Classic do you have?  Mines the 1400.  I haven't had any trouble yet (knocking on wood) with mine and this is my 3rd season heating with it.  Roger 
Roger

bobby s

Quote from: Roger2561 on November 14, 2013, 01:02:44 PM
Quote from: bobby s on November 13, 2013, 08:02:33 PM

Howdy neighbor!  I'm in NH too.  Which E-Classic do you have?  Mines the 1400.  I haven't had any trouble yet (knocking on wood) with mine and this is my 3rd season heating with it.  Roger

Hey Roger, I'm in my fourth season with my 2300. Overall I'm happy, but I just had my second solenoid failure and I'm about to replace my third door gasket . >:( >:(  I'm in the Plymouth area BTW.

thecfarm

booby s,welcome to the forum.

bobby s

Quote from: thecfarm on November 14, 2013, 08:09:27 PM
booby s,welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the welcome. I've been a member in the past as "hockeyguy" but due to a computer that crashed and a new email I've been unable to log on for a while. Had to choose another ID. More computer stuff I don't understand. ???
BTW it's bobby s not booby. Now I know what's on your mind. ;D

thecfarm

Sorry, :-[ No sense in changing it now. The quote will show it forever now.  ;D

talldog

Stumper, Am I correct that you have an E-Clasic2300? That's what I have. I have copied the numbers on my blower that is a Fasco. No702110411 TypeU21B. I don't see A166 on there. Is this what I would need for a replacement? This is not my area of expertise. Thanks

stumper

I am not an expert either but this is what I understand the replacement.  Remember that there were two different blowers installed in the 2300.  The later was a stronger blower, and the one that should be installed as a replacement.

talldog

So,Sounds like you are confident that the one in your link will work for me. Maybe its not a big deal if it's not exactly the same. Thanks

Thank You Sponsors!