iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ezboardwalk arrived

Started by diesel pap, November 05, 2013, 11:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diesel pap

i got my mill today. set it up and milled 2 logs. a lot better than the band mill i had back in the 90s.

hackberry jake

10 years later...
Psychologist: So diesel pap, how did this addiction begain?
Diesel pap: well, I bought an ez boardwalk sawmill and it was all downhill from there.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

yukon cornelius

congrats on the new saw! I love my ez jr but I wish I could have got the bigger one. good luck with it!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Magicman

Congrats on the new EZ.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

8),  no looking back now!   congrats!    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

I have never seen one of those mills. They don't make it this far North.  ;D Got a Logrite peavey,or cantdog yet?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill, Diesel Pap.   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

diesel pap

i got the 40 mill. the thing that gets me is the feed on the sawmill. it really pulls the blade into the log. the winch log turner works good.

lowpolyjoe

That's great, congrats!

Any pictures?

Solomon

Quote from: lowpolyjoe on November 06, 2013, 08:54:41 AM
That's great, congrats!

Any pictures?
I second that.  Would love to see some pictures.   Congrats on the new Mill   !!!!!!!!
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

Deese

Congrats on the new mill.  8)
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Part_Timer

Those are a very nice mill, congrats
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

diesel pap

i try to get my wife to get pictures. i cant do that  :embarassed:

kevin19343

I got my EZ a few months ago and I love it. Good luck!

diesel pap

its like it has a power feed. you have to be careful when starting off. like a magnet pulling :D

Fil-Dill

Just a heads up, I tarped my mill before a storm a few weeks ago and move the carriage to the end and set the brake. The wind came from the opposite direction and due to the tarp resistance, the carriage went to the other end and jumped off the track. Nothing was hurt, but its a bad feeling to see a 24hp, twin cylinder engine in the slab pile. Got my brother to set it back on the tracks and all is good.
EZ boardwalk 40

diesel pap

i sawed 7 cross ties today and 2x4s for my son. i run out of logs.

fishpharmer

Congrats on the new mill.  They are good sawmill's.

Just curious, will your tie buyer take 7?  Around here they want a bundle of 25.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

diesel pap

i will have a old buddy of mine that has a 450 ford haul them. he can haul about 40. its about 1.5 hours to the buyers.

Thank You Sponsors!