iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Squash, A Favorite Food

Started by Gary_C, November 05, 2013, 02:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

Here is one I got from a friend. Looks too good to eat.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

drobertson

Pretty, I never grew them, but have ate a few,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

scgargoyle

The problem with squash is the name. What's appetizing about 'squash'? They need some Madison Avenue type to come up with a better name. When my son was little, he wouldn't touch squash, but he loved pumpkin. Go figure....
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

thecfarm

We had a good crop of butter cup squash. We them,I can stand on just about any street cornor and sell 'em.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

We enjoy a lot of squash this time of year. Baked in the half shell served with lots of butter and fresh black pepper. Mom sprinkled it with brown sugar before putting it in the oven.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ken

One of my favorite veggies.  Probably eat it at least once/week
Lots of toys for working in the bush

coxy

crispy fried yellow squash digin_2

SPIKER

Quote from: coxy on November 05, 2013, 06:07:49 PM
crispy fried yellow squash digin_2
Toss in some cut Zucchini with them and some brown sugar fried right yummy!  lol    8)

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

thecfarm

Sawguy mentioned brown sugar. Granddaughter,20 years old was here,with a friend from college. They wanted a home cooked meal,Grammie's house!!!! Wife had chicken,stuffing,gravy potatoes and some veggie,might of been string beans. The GD wanted carrots at the last thing. My wife had some canned,used the pressure cooker so they was all cooked. I went down to the root cellar,Brenda dumped them in a pan of hot water,brought them to a boil and for some reason she put in some brown sugar. Guess what the GD favorite veggie is at Grammie's house now?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

It's easy to cook and serve, whether on the grill or from the oven, butter or brown sugar, greek herbs or cheese, what's not to like?   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

coxy

will have to try brown sugar sounds good ;D

GAB

Forget the brown sugar, please pass me the MAPLE SYRUP.  Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

sandhills

Terri bakes it in the oven with brown sugar and a few other things, we had a good crop of butternuts this year  8)

Thank You Sponsors!