iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Birthday Smokey Bear

Started by AtLast, May 19, 2004, 08:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtLast

Just wanted to let you all know that Smokey Bear turned 60 this year....and his lil bud Woodsy Owl too.....now if only I could find me one of dem dare 1949  Dodge Power wagons dat da USFS used ta drive around in... ;D

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Stan

Folks couldn't afford to drive them DanGed things when gas was a quarter. Now that it's $2.50, I'll bet they don't get past the end of the driveway.  :D
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Ron Scott

I remember them well. We had one equiped for forest fire fighting here on the Cadillac Ranger District back in the late 1960's. Wonder what happened to all of them?? They were solid and rugged.
~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

timberfaller390

Quote from: Ron Scott on May 20, 2004, 03:26:13 PM
I remember them well. We had one equiped for forest fire fighting here on the Cadillac Ranger District back in the late 1960's. Wonder what happened to all of them?? They were solid and rugged.
They have all been scraped or restored or are still running. You can't kill those trucks. One of them is right at the top of the " Trucks I gotta own before I die" list.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Ron Scott

Smokey Bear Gets Around During His 65th. My second picture with Smokey during the past 2 weeks. This one at the Huron-Manistee 100th Anniversary and the previous with his visit to the Forestry Forum Pig Roast, 8/09.

~Ron

Jeff

Ron, I hate to tell you this, but I think this one may just be some guy in a Smokey suit. The Smokey that attended the Forestry Forum Pigroast was definitely NOT a guy in a suit. ;) :)

beenthere

I couldn't tell.
                         wasn'there
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Scott

A Smokey Bear Pin Collection. Smokey has a large following of collectors of his vintage Fire Prevention items.

~Ron

Ron Scott

A Vintage Poster. Smokey Has Many Friends, HNF 100th, 8/09

~Ron

Ron Scott

A Vintage Fire Prevention Poster before Smokey, circa 1942, Maryland Dept. of Forests and Parks.

~Ron

Ron Scott

A Vintage Poster. From Smokey's early years.

~Ron

Ron Scott

At 68, Smokey Bear's Message Still Resonates

KUNM (August 7) — This week, an American icon celebrates his birthday: Smokey Bear is turning 68.

The E-Forester

~Ron

Magicman

Ah, but he is still such a young chap.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm a BIG Smokey Bear fan. I've been collecting and trading for about 25+ years. Here is just a portion of the Smokey "Stuff" I have. A lot of items I have are unopened from the 50's and 60's. I keep those boxed up out of the daylight. Remember........"ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES!'

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Jeff

I looked at the pictures again. David wins, but I seem to have several of things not represented in the photos. :)

Jeff

My grill is still in the box... ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on August 10, 2012, 05:22:19 PM
I looked at the pictures again. David wins, but I seem to have several of things not represented in the photos. :)

Hummmm........... say_what........What cha got Boss?

There is a BUNCH of Smokey stuff out there that is Sooooo hard to find.

Post some pics. I'd love looking at Smokey Stuff!

Will ya take a check? PayPal? IOU? Credit Card?  :D :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on August 10, 2012, 05:23:03 PM
My grill is still in the box... ;D

Your box is probably in better shape than mine.......shows old age but the paper work perfect.

Somewhere there is a "SMOKEY SNACK MACHINE" and a kids coin operated "SMOKEY CAR RIDE" floating around. I'd love to find them.

Jeff

Looks just about like that. :)

Much of my smokey stuff is in storage.  One of my favorite parts of my collection are the Smokey dell comic books.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on August 10, 2012, 05:50:57 PM
Looks just about like that. :)

Much of my smokey stuff is in storage.  One of my favorite parts of my collection are the Smokey dell comic books.

I think I have 2.....maybe 3. I can't find them in good condition. Most of the ones I've seen are torn or wrinkled or have been folded. Geeeeee!

Thank You Sponsors!