iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

time change

Started by firecord, November 03, 2013, 07:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

When we drove to Alaska, time was very confusing.  Some states/provinces did and some did not observe DST and just where were the time zones anyway.  That plus as you go North, there are more daylight hours.  By the time we reached Northern BC, the Sun was still way high at midnight.   smiley_dizzy

We are lonesome to go back.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

firecord

Gweldon.  dont say that.    i spent the last 5 years working 10/12 hrs per day 6 days a week for the post office.  I quit sept 1.  im board all day.  i thought id take a year off and enjoy my family for a while. its not what i expected.

Chuck White

Quote from: firecord on November 06, 2013, 08:58:49 PM
Gweldon.  dont say that.    i spent the last 5 years working 10/12 hrs per day 6 days a week for the post office.  I quit sept 1.  im board all day.  i thought id take a year off and enjoy my family for a while. its not what i expected.

Wow, Since I retired from driving school bus last November I've been so busy it's sometimes hard for me to figure out how I was able to find the time to drive bus!  :-\

I've been busy sawing, rebuilding sap lines for next Spring, trying to find hunting time, doing things around the house and yard, helping my son get settled since his retirement, and the story never ends!  :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I have not worked an outside job going on 3 years. I am busy every single day doing something that I enjoy on my land. If I live to be 150 I will never get them done. But I am checking them off,I'm a gaining on "em.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

The good folks in Arizona refuse to comply and do not play such silly games. No daylight savings here. ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

grweldon

Quote from: firecord on November 06, 2013, 08:58:49 PM

Oh, I won't stop working, I'll just be spending most of the day working for God or myself and my family!  Notice I didn't say I was going to retire... just won't be working for a company or individual other than me or mine!

My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Larro Darro

20 years ago, before I was on the straight and narrow, I had some friends who would partake of that herb that Florida is so well known for. They worked in the building trade, and would always drive down a dirt road for their lunch time smoke. On the Monday right after the time change, they had grumbled about the time change all morning. They were on their noontime smoke break, driving down a three trail road when a coon crossed in front of them. One fellow said, "see, the time change has even screwed that coon up. He doesn't know when he should be out."

Larro
Make good money. Five dollars a day.
Made anymore, I might move away.

mad murdock

All this talk about DST reminds me of Granpa Jones singing his song "Daylight Savings Time" and wishing it was never invented!  I have to agree with him. ::)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

sawguy21

Quote from: Magicman on November 06, 2013, 07:34:04 PM
When we drove to Alaska, time was very confusing.  Some states/provinces did and some did not observe DST and just where were the time zones anyway.  That plus as you go North, there are more daylight hours.  By the time we reached Northern BC, the Sun was still way high at midnight.   smiley_dizzy

We are lonesome to go back.
It does get confusing. All of British Columbia except the north east and I believe south east corners (Brucer correct me if I am wrong about your area) observes DST. Traveling to Alaska you would change your clock when crossing from Alberta depending on the time of year. You would change it again crossing into the Yukon.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

I'll be glad when I quit waking up at DanG 4:00 AM.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

firecord

Me too.  luckly i have time for a nap!

beenthere

Okay, time to go through this again. Setting the clocks and now going to bed to get up before "first light" (which will be an hour earlier by the clock).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

Funny how one's internal clock works.

Been up almost 1/2 hour already!  ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sprucebunny

Ya, I almost always wake up just when the sky starts to get light,
My problem lately, is not being able to stay awake past 8 which is now going to be 7....
Sure wish there was something on tv between 6 and 8 in the evening.

Only 7 weeks until the days start getting longer  8)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

billporterfield

Daylight Saving Time is like cutting a foot off the bottom of your blanket and sewing it to the top and expect to be much warmer.

24 degrees in Northern WI

Ford_man

I woke up at my usual time this morning and looked at the clock and it said I could sleep another hr, so I couldn't get back to sleep because the dog was whining to be let out. The wife didn't tell him he had to wait an hr longer. splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley

Autocar

I don't like this time eather I was up at 4:30 this morning. It will be dark at six then by eight it will feel like it should be bed time. By the time you get use to it it is time to go the other way.  :D
Bill

Chuck White

Quote from: billporterfield on November 02, 2014, 06:36:07 AM
Daylight Saving Time is like cutting a foot off the bottom of your blanket and sewing it to the top and expect to be much warmer.

24 degrees in Northern WI

Good One!!!!!!!!!     :D :D :D :D :D

Jeff

That is the perfect analogy. I'd heard it before years ago and forgot about it.   Time change caught me. I woke up with the usual amount of dawn breaking wondering why the clocks were wrong on the computers.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

clww

Time change has our two dogs messed up, too. We feed them dinner at 5:00 each day, although one is ready an hour before that and she starts getting antsy. Now she thinks she has to wait an extra two hours. :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

drobertson

It's all better now,,, I am adjusted, cause I have no choice in the matter.  Nice to have light in the mornings, and nice to have light in the shed as well.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Let's see.  I need to get to the sawing site tomorrow morning at 7AM.  That means that I can get out of the bed at 8AM,  leave home at 6AM, and be sawing by 9AM......or something.   smiley_dizzy

Don_Papenburg

So no one likes the time change , why do it ?  Just let the goofballs that we pay the big bucks for nothing turn their clocks back and forth .  we can stay on one time year around . 
then them goofballs might get a clue and draft some ground breaking legislation to have one time year around!!!!!!!!!!!
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

coxy

Quote from: Don_Papenburg on November 02, 2014, 09:53:20 PM
So no one likes the time change , why do it ?  Just let the goofballs that we pay the big bucks for nothing turn their clocks back and forth .  we can stay on one time year around . 
then them goofballs might get a clue and draft some ground breaking legislation to have one time year around!!!!!!!!!!!
my grandmother never messed with her clock  one time only    don't remember if it was spring ahead or on fall back  ;D ;D

Don_Papenburg

I never change the time on my windup clocks . I have a banjo clock in the kitchen and a grandfather on the second floor that stay on daylite time because that is what is used most.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!