iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Organizing with wood

Started by Brad_bb, November 03, 2013, 12:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

Just showing a few things that I've done lately to organize my shop better.
#1 Paint Brush organization
I used Fastcap's super strong magnets and some scrap walnut.  The cabinet was so smooth that it slid down, so I added a couple small pieces of adhesive backed stair tread material and that gave it plenty of friction to stay in place.

Video http://youtu.be/Ndqw2i3yc74

#2 Table saw and router tool organization
I have one leaf of my Unisaw table with an integrated router.  I was always searching for the tools.  Now they stay right where they belong. More Fastcap PowerMags hold the boards in place.

#3 I made about 35 feet worth of these tool hangers for my storage area.  Gets stuff off the floor.  I found it's best to round over and apply the finish BEFORE drilling holes for the dowels.  If you try to finish with the holes in place, a lot of your finish will end up in your blind holes where you don't want it- ask me how I know.

#4 I made these move-able power tool cabinets two years ago, but it's taken awhile to completely finish the details and populate them.  This one is for my saws, sanders and axes.  I try to maximize use of vertical space.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

giant splinter

Nice work, you gained back some floorspace too
roll with it

thecfarm

Looks good. My Father always said,Throw something on the floor,you will never find it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

m wood

Nice job Brad.  every little bit helps doesn't it.  Cfarm, right now, if I threw something in the middle of my work bench(s) I dont think I'd find it! :D  too many projects, too few hours in the day.
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

drobertson

Nice Brad, and I was wondering how the pedestal grinder works on wheels, or do you have locks on them?
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Brad_bb

The pedestal grinder is just on the furniture dolly to move it.  I purchased it recently on Craigslist, and I have not determined a permanent location for it yet.  When I do, I will use anchors and rubber pads on the floor to mount it.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Thank You Sponsors!