iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My 15 seconds of fame..

Started by Kedwards, May 18, 2004, 08:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kedwards

Made the paper locally.. the photo doesn't show the DULL blade I was cutting with due to 5 massively chipped carbide teeth. My dad..( the fat man with a cigar in his mouth in the back ) hit my steel log dogs earlier in the day and didn't tell me..  >:( ill get over it though.
Here is the article..

http://www.lincolntimesnews.com/Default.asp?Section=55&VA=4439

Kyle
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like socks in a dryer without cling free

MemphisLogger

That's GREAT Kyle!  8)

First time we made the paper, we were in the middle of rebuilding the carburetor when the photographer showed up (luckily, he was a friend  ;))

He just had us slap the airfilter back on and strike a pose LIKE we were cutting a log.  :D

We gave him a couple slabs o' walnut for his understanding  ;D

Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Captain

Congratulations Kyle.  Has the phone started ringing more yet??

Captain

OneWithWood

Nice article, Kyle.  That kind of free advertising pays dividends.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

DanG

Good going, Kyle!  These "human interest" stories really help get the word out about small sawmills. I constantly run into people who have had valuable trees go to waste because they didn't know they could have them sawn. This kind of public exposure helps us all. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kedwards

Thanks guys.. just trying to do my little piece and having fun at the same time. :)
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like socks in a dryer without cling free

Thank You Sponsors!