iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Refugee from the Arborist Site

Started by Oregon_Grown, November 01, 2013, 06:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oregon_Grown

Joined to read wood cutting and firewood posts.  Glad to be here.  Appreciate the rules of the forum,, I mean what are we really here for!... I dont post much but I read a lot! :P
Life is what you make of it!  Better half is Gologit.

doctorb

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  We appreciate you reading the rules.  We really do.  Truly, an honest "thank you".

So which is it, indoor or outdoor stove?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

pineywoods

oregon_grown, welcome. Tell us about the stearman in your avatar. Looks like 450. There's a few aviator types on here.  EAA ?
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Saw Dr.

Quote from: pineywoods on November 01, 2013, 08:00:28 PM
oregon_grown, welcome. Tell us about the stearman in your avatar. Looks like 450. There's a few aviator types on here.  EAA ?

I would be one of the aviator types.  If you know what a Spartan 7W "Executive" is, that is my favorite airplane.  (Also a 450)
I don't try to explain to others why I play with chainsaws.  For those who already know, no explanation is needed.  For those who do not, no explanation is POSSIBLE!

Super 250

turnkey

Also a refugee.  I've been reading this forum for a couple weeks and decided to join today.  Eastern Washington in the middle of the Palouse.   Retired AF (Russian linguist 21 years), retired police dispatch and jailer (15 years).  Cutting firewood and general chainsaw use was my hobby.  This season pretty well ends it.  I have over 80 cord Black Locust in the stacks now and that plus pooping around cutting willow for shoulder season should last what time I have left.

Harry K

m wood

welcome to the new refugees from the arborist!  Glad you found us over here.  Oregon-grown, I am Oregon -Born but then I got restless I guess.  Wish I was back there quite often.
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Oregon_Grown

Ok.. the Stearman is one of many of my paintings for my husband who used to fly these puppies when he was a kid.  It's a 450 cropduster and probably one of my favorite paintings.  Since he has had a very diverse career life, we have what we call the wall of Bob's life work.  I joined the arborist site back in 2009 because I got my own firewood and had an interest in that.  We have a tiny, I mean tiny wood stove (inside) that keeps this little 1300 sq ft home very toasty. In fact it will run you out if you dont watch the house temperature.   I had quit going to the Arborist site for the most part because I found some of the posts offensive.  I enjoy the great information and good humored bantering around, but not so much into naked pictures of woman or name calling.  Just not my thing and frankly, it takes away from why the forum even exists.  I own my own Stihl 250 and 171.  Anything bigger is to heavy for my 5 foot frame.  Bob likes to steal my 171 because it's very light and handy for a lot of things.  I have never taken a tree down, but I have helped limb many.  I love the smell of freshly cut wood and if I am lucky, Bob will make me some cedar noodles for the house.  I grew up in Sweet Home Oregon, was one of 7 kids of a logging family.  I watch Axmen and those names Rygaard and Brown I remember as a kid.  I was my fathers tool gal when I was 14 and spent many hours, running to get him tools as he worked on either the car or his log truck.  My father a logger all his life, worked his language edited by admin off to provide for us and rarely made any headway in putting away for the future.  I guess that is it.  I am happy to be here among smart folks!
Life is what you make of it!  Better half is Gologit.

drobertson

Hey OG, nice to read your post. And nice to read another friendly post.   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Icehouse

Turnkey good to see you here some nice folks hang out here, I think you'll like it
Favorite Stihl ms361 ms064 Favorite Husky 242xp 262xp

Magicman

Welcome OG and Harry to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!