iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Went..

Started by HiTech, November 01, 2013, 03:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiTech

to watch the new wood chip burning facility on Fort Drum in action today and was disappointed. I wanted to watch a couple trucks dump their chips. Me and a buddy were there about 30 minutes and in that time 3 chip trucks were turned away. We met more trucks coming in as we were going out. Must be when they get so many chips they quit taking them. If I were doing the trucking and had a loaded truck turned away I would be  PO'd. That is a lot of fuel and wasted time...not to mention wear and tear on the truck/trailer. Plus highway use tax for the miles drove. Something tells me chips aren't the gold lined path people told me they were.

sprucebunny

We have a new bio-mass plant in Berlin NH. I've heard they take about anything. From an instructor for the operators: 41% miosture content. I read in the paper...150 trucks a day !! don't know if that is acurate. I sure would like a tour  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

beenthere

Takes 7-8 truck loads of biomass to equal one truck load of coal. That is a lot of traffic on the roads and would have to wonder about the amount of pollution the two alternatives produce. Pretty quiet about those numbers.

Also would not be happy with truck loads being turned away. Maybe a good reason and some mis-communication somewhere's.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

snowstorm

Quote from: beenthere on November 01, 2013, 05:49:02 PM
Takes 7-8 truck loads of biomass to equal one truck load of coal. That is a lot of traffic on the roads and would have to wonder about the amount of pollution the two alternatives produce. Pretty quiet about those numbers.

Also would not be happy with truck loads being turned away. Maybe a good reason and some mis-communication somewhere's.
wood chips are considered clean and green    renewable. chipping is great in some cases. but i dont really think it is the answer

Thank You Sponsors!