iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trips my trigger

Started by MUDDY, November 01, 2013, 02:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUDDY

when the boss tells me to sort bolts on a CTL handcut sale so the trucks have something to back haul, and then he ends up throwing them on rail as pulpwood.  >:(

Sorry had to vent

beenthere

Hear ya!
But it is better than not having a job...  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

barbender

That happens all the time, I don't care my boss pays me by the hour.
Too many irons in the fire

Howdy

Well Muddy, first thanks for posting. Even folks like me who don't have a clue what your saying can benifit. Maybe iffin I was a logger I would know something.

Well anyway, something that trips my trigger is finding stuff in the shower.  My son and his family moved home a few weeks ago and I'll swear (like gosh and golly not the harder stuff) the mother of my grandchildren must be going bald.  And we live in a one bathroom house and gotta share everything.  And there's girl stuff left everywhere!  I'm an old man who's wife must not ever use any of that stuff (like shampoo, and body wash, and those scrunchy things, whatever they are used for) and those kid's stuff is always here.  Now that is something to worry about.   

sawguy21

:D :D You are not alone brother. Muddy, don't sweat it. It does seem like a waste of time but as long as you are being paid it's his nickel ,you can pay the rent and eat.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

lynde37avery

paying the bills and eating is what I look at when I get angered by something that what you do doesn't do much but waste time. I think of the people who would do something five times over n get nowhere all day for a pay check. im all ways too grateful but maybe that's why im becoming a better business every year.
Detroit WHAT?

thecfarm

Sometimes it's easier to say,Yes,Dear. I had a boss at work that would come up with all sorts of great ideas. And I would have to make them work. We would go head to head. finally I wised up and went along. Every time I would say,Yes Dear,and do it. Even if I knew it would not work. One day he asked me about Yes Dear. I told him,You are just like my wife. She comes up with these great ideas,have no clue how to make it work,but if I don't try to make it work,even though I know it's a stupid idea ,then there is he^% to pay. He was not happy about Yes dear from than on.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

dboyt

It's the old "golden rule".  The ones with the gold make the rules!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!