iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

any trappers here?

Started by ryguy777, November 01, 2013, 10:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryguy777

I started my line Monday this week, only I have a couple sets out right now.. I don't want to have a whole bunch of traps to check when deer season get here. got two coon so far, weather got yesterday and had nothing today. how are you guys doing with your lines?

trapper

severe lack of muskrats around here.  My buyer that works for the largest fur company in the country confirmed it when I saw him last monday.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

ryguy777

i got coon number 3 this morning, the weather wasn't too good these past few days so they weren't running too good, boy was I happy to walk up on a coon today

stumpy

I've been trapping
coons in my back yard, then releasing them a couple miles away.  If I decide to sell them instead, do I have to gut them and strip the hide first or take the whole animal in?
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

beenthere

Now stumpy, hopefully you don't release them alive... :snowball:   ;D

Find a trapper where you can drop off the coons or that will drive by and pick them up from your traps. That works well for me and the trapper is happy too.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Here you have to leave a foot on the coon before it can be sold for food.  Too many folks were substituting cats.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Coons,I forgot about them,they burn good too in the OWB.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ryguy777

nope dont need to gut them. skinning them isn't very hard there are good videos about it on youtube. some buyers will buy them just like that with the fat still all on the hide (green hide). I go a little further, I scrape the fat off (fleshing) and put the fur on a stretcher and the the fur dry for about a week or however long it takes for the hide to dry out. then Its ready to sell

trapper

Go online and see if gruenwald fur has a stop near you.  They take them skinned or not.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!