iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rephasing or not?

Started by arnold113, November 01, 2013, 01:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnold113

Hi again. Got another question. On a log loader with two cylinders, do the hyd cylinders have to be rephrasing cylinders or can I use standard type cylinders?
I did a search for rephrasing cylinders but got 0 results so I guess I'm in the clear to start another thread.
Thanks for your time. Arnold
DIY band saw mill: four post, 25 HP gas engine, 32" x 18' portable, 24 vdc and hydraulic controls, pineywoods log turner, hyd log loader. RF remote controls for mill.  DIY set works.

beenthere

Seems that it would be prudent to have the rephasing cylinders, rather than risk they don't top out, or bottom out, together.
Are you thinking of replacing with standard ones or for the new build?

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bandmiller2

Arnie you and Beensy  have got something on me, I've never heard of rephasing cylinders.Most log loaders simply use regular cylinders hydraulically connected,and fed from the same line. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

pineywoods

Arnold, I think the term refers to hooking 2 cylinders in series. Don't go there....The 2 loader cylinders on a loader are just run in parallel. Unless you luck out at that fabulous salvage yard, surplus center is probably your best bet...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

arnold113

Thanks everyone, I thought they were hooked in parallel but I wasn't sure. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to working on my mill again real soon. I've been rather busy lately and haven't been able to get any thing done on my mill.
Thanks again. Arnold 
DIY band saw mill: four post, 25 HP gas engine, 32" x 18' portable, 24 vdc and hydraulic controls, pineywoods log turner, hyd log loader. RF remote controls for mill.  DIY set works.

Thank You Sponsors!