iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

He swings and its out of Husqvarna park!

Started by mmartone, October 31, 2013, 09:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

Hit a pawn shop today and found this husky 372xp for sale at $169, we took it outside and pulled the cord a few times and it ran! But it didnt idle, told the guy I'd do $150 out the door, thinking carb or otherwise, he thought about it for a min and we made a deal. I took it home and took the cover off, air filter off and spark plug loose, wait its already loose! Hit it with the wire wheel and blew out the carb area with some brake clean, put her back together. The bar and chain were not a match with the chain many links to long for the bar, found a few old chains in the garage and one fit, put it all back together and put some fuel in it, zoom, all fixed. zoom zoom
Now I need a 28-32" bar and chain for it.

Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Joe Kidd

Let  me be the first to say (inapropriate language edited by admins)  ;D ;D
Husq 545
Husq 562XP
Jred 2188

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jpdocdave

Stihl MS250
Poulan Pro 505
Poulan Pro 295
Poulan Pro 190 Top Handle
Homelite XL

kderby

SCORE!  8) 8) 8)

I have three of them and expect to grow old with them.  Bought one new, one off Ebay, one from a friend.  No replacement for displacement!  ZOOM! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Roundhead

Nice find. you really should send it to me though because you wont need it in the panhandle

z71mike

Quote from: Joe Kidd on October 31, 2013, 09:38:34 PM

Wow. We got alotta gettin used to, Joe.

AdkStihl

Quote from: z71mike on October 31, 2013, 10:26:58 PM
Quote from: Joe Kidd on October 31, 2013, 09:38:34 PM

Wow. We got alotta gettin used to, Joe.

Even though its edited........I know what it USED to say  ;)
J.Miller Photography

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mmartone

I figured it was a deal even if I had to put a cylinder kit on it, knew I needed a bar and chain.  I just finished putting a cyl kit on a friends ms441, beast.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

beenthere

I just hope it wasn't from someones' shed or back of a pickup, and then turned into the Pawn Shop for some quick cash.
Glad it was a good find for you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mmartone

z71mike

mmartone

Dunno.. skip tooth will help but it may still be to big.  Factory reccomends up to 32"

UniversalFogger

Great score.  Love a good deal.

What is your thought/opinion on the case and cover condition?  I wonder how a saw looks that old/faded at that age?  Was it stored outside in the sun full time?  No slam or criticism on your saw, I just wonder how some people get their stuff looking that faded/rough.   I would have bought it in a heartbeat, just wondering how it got that look.

I have saws that have felled and bucked several hundred cords of wood and don't have that much fading.   Some have been broken in half and run over, but that's another story.  Great deal on a great saw for sure. 

I just keep my stuff more polished, but easy fix to shine it up.  No disrespect, just curious how someone makes a saw look that dull, yet still run top notch. 

mmartone

Florida sun I guess... It is missing a screw...

SawTroll

Quote from: z71mike on October 31, 2013, 11:37:35 PM
36 is kinda stretching that saw, no?

..as is 32", but it may work with skip chain....
Information collector.

UniversalFogger

Quote from: mmartone on November 01, 2013, 08:31:32 AM
Florida sun I guess... It is missing a screw...

That makes sense, didn't look at your location.  People sure love that saw. 

OlympicYJ

I have a 36 for my 372 BB and even on the BB a 36 with full skip will drag on her pretty good. I'd go 32, only reason I have a 36 is it was free. I also felt the spring mounts on the 372 were a little on the light side for the 36.

SawTroll

Quote from: OlympicYJ on November 03, 2013, 02:12:19 AM
I have a 36 for my 372 BB and even on the BB a 36 with full skip will drag on her pretty good. I'd go 32, only reason I have a 36 is it was free. I also felt the spring mounts on the 372 were a little on the light side for the 36.

Surely it is, but the aftermarket BB top ends hardly add anything to the performance without extensive porting - rather the opposite.  ;)
Information collector.

OlympicYJ

Factory BB Troll. It was a fallers saw so it could have some porting done to it but last time I had the muff off I don't remember the exhaust port being opened up so I doubt that anything else was done to it.

Red Amor

Well that's a ripsnorter of a good deal
and as we are on a family show
I ope ya hit ya thumb wif a ammer :D

motard

Dat's one of the best 70cc saws ever made. If it were in my fleet 24" would be the max bar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You know, just to keep the "sideways balance"

Thank You Sponsors!