iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New guy

Started by jdhacker, October 31, 2013, 05:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdhacker

I have read a lot of good info on this forum. And seemed like a good place to join. I have been running chainsaws most of my life. Well since I was 13, I'm no pro by any means, I cut my family's fire wood as a teenager, and also sold fire wood in high school. I cut and sale firewood as a side job now. I have a friend close to 60 he has logged and ran his  mill all his life. The first time I spent the day with him in the log woods, I seen I was a chainsaw noob lol.  I have a XL12 that I have had since I was 13. I just got my first new saw, stihl ms 291 so far I am in love. Im sure I will meet a lot of good people here. And thanks for having me, this is a great site.
stihl 044
STIHL ms 291
Homelite XL12 for 31 years
140 husqvarna

thecfarm

jdhacker,welcome to the forum. Pick the Old Guy's brain on proper way to work safely and how to care for a saw and sharpen one too. I enjoy cutting wood on my land. Every tree I cut, I feel I am improving my land.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

nk14zp

Welcome to the forum.
Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

ktoom

jdhacker be careful, as these chainsaw sites might make you want to have more saws and bigger ones as well lololol. Enjoy

jpdocdave

Welcome.  Don't let that homelite go, timeless saw.  And congrats on the ms291.  I have a feeling the seed has been planted.
Stihl MS250
Poulan Pro 505
Poulan Pro 295
Poulan Pro 190 Top Handle
Homelite XL

kderby

JDHacker welcome aboard!  We might need to talk about your saw leanings.  Are you a Homelite, Stihl or Husky guy?  Sort of like Dodge, Ford or Chevy.  Right now you are OK with the diversity.  At some point you will have to choose the proper brand! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jest kidding .....welcome aboard! :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!