iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Mill

Started by Sixacresand, October 30, 2013, 09:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Nancy and I drove up to Woodmizer in Newnan, Georgia yesterday to pick up our new LT40.  As it turned out we got there at lunch time. Tim and Nathan at Woodmizer treated us to a Mexican diner.   The 100 mile trip home was uneventful and had just enough to unhitch it from the truck and set it up for milling before dark.  Milled two 24 inch pine logs today just messing around.  Still going through my learning curve. What a dream machine. 

Tim walked me through setting up the mill, operating it and breaking it down for towing.  That took about 2 hours which included milling a nice pine log inside their shop.

l

The mill at its new home, with me and the cat. 

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

thecfarm

A log dog would be better,but the cat will do.  ;D   Congrats on the mill. Have fun with it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

Great toy. Have fun. bg

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Six.....I wouldn't saw another log. It just looks to PURDY to get dirty.  :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Solomon

Quote from: Sixacresand on October 30, 2013, 09:13:02 PM
Nancy and I drove up to Woodmizer in Newnan, Georgia yesterday to pick up our new LT40.  As it turned out we got there at lunch time. Tim and Nathan at Woodmizer treated us to a Mexican diner.   The 100 mile trip home was uneventful and had just enough to unhitch it from the truck and set it up for milling before dark.  Milled two 24 inch pine logs today just messing around.  Still going through my learning curve. What a dream machine. 

Tim walked me through setting up the mill, operating it and breaking it down for towing.  That took about 2 hours which included milling a nice pine log inside their shop.

l

Good picture with the cat, You're grinning like a Cheshire Cat licking gravey out of a light socket!!
It's great to see a happy sawyer,  congrats and have fun Brother!!!!
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

Solomon

That's a good looking orange there David!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

Dad2FourWI

Awwww..... man, I am sooooo jealous!!!!

I just spent two visits to the chiropractor for a bulged disc... sciatic nerve... wow! - what pain!!!!! (from manually picking up too heavy logs for milling on my LT-10)... those hydraulics are looking soooooo nice!!!!!! :)

Have fun - you DESERVE it!!!!!!!! and keep us posted....

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

Delawhere Jack

Flipping 3,000lb logs a the touch of a lever will have you giggling like a simpleton! Don't worry, it's a natural reaction. :) :D ;) ;D

Magicman

Wow John, that new paint wears nice on you.  Congratulations again !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

5quarter

Great looking rig! I have never walked into a millwright facility for fear of going into irretrievable debt. ;) :D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

customsawyer

Looking good. The mill and the smile look like they belong.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new Mizer!

NICE!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Nomad

You do look pretty happy. :D  Now knock the shine off it; the glare is hurting my eyes! 8)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

ladylake

Quote from: Sixacresand on October 30, 2013, 09:13:02 PM

l

Your smiling real big and sitting on the reason why,  nice mill Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

sawdusty1

What a nice machine.  You de Man.  I'm proud for you.  You'll feel like you are retired after running the LT-10.
Woodmizer LT15
Husqvarna 550xp
Husqvarna 372xp
Husqvarna 350
Husqvarna 55 Rancher
Husqvarna 181se
Kubota L4701

schakey

smiley_clapping smiley_applause smiley_thumbsup smiley_blue_bounce

Real happy for you,happy milling!
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

wwsjr

Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

jueston

that is one shiny lt40...

have fun with it. :)

SPD748

Very nice mill! If you guys keep putting up pictures of these shiny new mills, I'm going to have to run out and get one myself. I read somewhere that orange is a natural color for great mills...

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

terrifictimbersllc

Very nice. Congratulations.  8) 8) 8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Meadows Miller

Gday

Congrats she will serve you well Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

markkelly

8) 8) 8)Nice mill. It looks to easy. Have fun 8) 8) 8)
LT 10 Woodmizer, Stihl, Husquvana,wood carving tools, Ford 3000 Tractor, Trailer.

YellowHammer

Very nice.  Congratulations
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

grweldon

I know you are happy with the new purchase John!  Good deal!  Great looking machine!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Thank You Sponsors!