iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TimberKing and Woodmaster Service

Started by Sawdust Lover, October 29, 2013, 08:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawdust Lover

TimberKing and Woodmaster both say that if you are not happy with there product they will take it back within 30 days with no problem. A few years ago I bought a mill from TimberKing and after I used it for over a month I realized I should have got the next size up. I thought it would be a waste of time to call and ask if it was to late to trade back but I did anyway. No problem and no questions asked. Bring it back and get the mill you want Matt at Timberking said. So you think well if your trading it for a bigger mill why wouldn't they. Would Ford or Chevy do that? Probably not! So after dealing with TimberKing for a few years with excellent service I thought I might try some of there woodworking tools from there sister company Woodmaster Tools. So I bought 2 718 planers and one with the moulding attachment. I also got the dust collection that goes with it. The service on these tools was amazing just like on the TimberKing. A few months ago I bought the 50" sander Woodmaster offers to take my shop to the next level. This didn't go so well. Somewhere between Kansas City and Virginia this machine was damaged. I have called Woodmaster several time to try to figure out what was wrong with this machine. Not knowing this machine was dropped because of no fisical damage Woodmaster has sent me numerous parts and has tried to walk me through adjustments and other ways to fix the problem. Nothing has worked and the owner of the company has called me personally to make this right. Woodmaster is sending me a brand new sander and has stood behind there product 100% even though it had nothing to do with them. There service and product is outstanding and I have never delt with such a professional company. My hats off to TimberKing and Woodmaster Tools.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

xlogger

I too have great service from them also and I got my mill used. They treat me as I got a new one from them. Ricky
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

ladylake

In the few times I've needed it  has been excellent.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Leigh Family Farm

Good to hear about your great experience. Goes to show, good companies and good people do exist.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

pineywoods

Neighbor bought a 718 planer. Feed motor quit, under warranty. Defective brush holder, trashed the brush. A set of brushes and a new holder would have fixed the problem.  They sent a whole new motor...I fixed the old holder. JBweld is wonderful stuff...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

LeeB

Aside from being good business, with today's communication via internet, it's really cheap advertising. Word of mouth is the best you can get.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

rph816

We've owned 2 timberking mills (1220 and B-20) and have 3 woodmaster planers (2 718's and 1 712) plus a drum sander (3875).  All but the 1220 have been bought used and we still get great service from them.  I'd love to be able to afford a new one, but until that day comes, I know I'm in good hands.  Glad your experience has been likewise. - Ryan

pri0ritize

I've been very happy with the service and products I've purchased from Woodmaster as well. I owned a 10HP 725 planer and it did a great job for me before I upgraded to a machine that could handle faster feed speeds. I upgraded the Woodmaster I had with the steel infeed rollers and it performed great even with fairly wet wood.
2012 LT40HD
Random Stihl Chainsaws and more woodworking equipment than I care to inventory!

Happycamper

Always nice to hear about responsible companies. It's a great story. I wonder if other companies are reading this thread?
                                        Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Solomon

I have been wanting one of woodmasters machines,  My problem is I try to do to many things and I am only one man.   All the tools and machines out there are so tempting, but I cant run a moulder, saw mill, shaper , dovetail jig, lathe, and all the other thing I already own. I wish I could clone myself because I want to do it all but one man has limits.   I only began to realize this when I got older and lost that stamina.   I am just not superman anymore.   Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

Tom the Sawyer

Timberking was even helpful before I had a mill.  I had a lot of questions and they invited me to several of their Friday mill delivery sessions where I could watch new owners go through orientation (and wish that I was one of them).

When I found my used (5 hours) B-20 I was very comfortable with my purchase, knowing how helpful and knowledgeable their staff was.  Even though my equipment was used they have been extremely helpful - just like an original customer and I have received quite a few referrals from them.  It hasn't all been 'previously owned' equipment, I did buy my brand new DH kiln from them a few weeks ago.  The chamber is my winter project.

Great company and staff !!!   smiley_thumbsup
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Thank You Sponsors!