iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Met another member today.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 29, 2013, 07:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Member "TEE" came by the mill today....early. He's from down around Charleston, S.C.
Of course when you come to my mill, oh yea, we gonna eat! Had breakfast with Grits and everything else.
Then off to work.
We milled Cedar, Maple and SYP.
Not only is it great to work with another member who has an LT40 but its also nice in that when Tee was off bearing, he already knew the "hand signals".  :D

Had a BIG JUICEY CHEESEBURGER for lunch and back to milling.

The bad thing was, this afternoon was "nail city" in a Pine log. And Tee, after you left, I went back to the mill and did surgery on that log again......2 more 16 penny nails. But I got it sawed up.

Thanks for your help and knowledge......I had fun and it was a pleasure working with you.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Which is it,TEE big,POSTON small?????  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

TEE is a man to look up to.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hey Peter & Ray.....put a red light on your nose and join the circus.  :D

thecfarm

Might just as well. We will wave at you in the other ring as we perform in the other 2.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on October 29, 2013, 08:28:04 PM
Might just as well. We will wave at you in the other ring as we perform in the other 2.  :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Tee

I think a good summarization for the picture would be the one on the left is the one who learned a lot today.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Tee on October 29, 2013, 08:36:58 PM
I think a good summarization for the picture would be the one on the left is the one who learned a lot today.

You tell'm Tee.....you better hold me back before I tear 'em apart!  boxingsmiley

Dad2FourWI

It looks like a fun time! .... and I am jealous of the "learning"!!!!!

I need to find some sawyers up here in Wisconsin!!!! :)

Cheers,
-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

thecfarm

Don't mess with us Northern Boys,POSTON. You'll be sorrrrrrrry!!!!!!!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on October 29, 2013, 08:53:37 PM

I'm meaner than John Wayne in "True GRITS".

thecfarm

I'm just about to open a can of something. Jeff won't let me say what kind.  :D

Peter Drouin

Maybe that's it, Poston didn;t have his grits to day .
have a bowl and calm down  :D :D
just poking at ya  :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

He said he has some of those grits for breakfast. Maybe the burger did not set good with him.  :D Maybe he needs a nap.

drobertson

Two southern boys, breakfast with grits, and a sawmill, what the heck? "it don't get any better than this"
david    nails are another story,,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 29, 2013, 08:55:46 PM
Quote from: thecfarm on October 29, 2013, 08:53:37 PM

I'm meaner than John Wayne in "True GRITS".

You might be mean, but at least you are short. 

Tee,  at least he is hospitable  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I know your poke'n me.  :D If ya can't have a little fun in life and learn to laugh.....it just ain't worth it.
I'd love to see more members get together.

Especially Me, Peter and Ray.  :D :D :D :D :D

WDH

I want to come, too!  (David, keep the grits in your back pocket). 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on October 29, 2013, 09:23:31 PM

You might be mean, but at least you are short. 

Ain't we!  :D :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I really should consider having the first annual " SOUTHERN NAIL & GRITS PROJECT".

thecfarm

POSTON and now I see WDH wants to come too. You both will be mighty lonely with no grits. AND if you don't get up here soon,you both will have to stop about halfway here and buy a winter coat. That is a Northern Glacial style winter coat too.  :D

WDH

David, I hear that the ice sheets get a mile thick up there.  We probably should have them come down here.

thecfarm

I've been to SC,ONCE. I seeked in and seeked out.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on October 29, 2013, 09:31:26 PM
David, I hear that the ice sheets get a mile thick up there.  We probably should have them come down here.

Do they have their Green Card?

Thank You Sponsors!