iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whittlers Chair

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 28, 2013, 03:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on October 30, 2013, 08:12:00 PM
I need some cedar logs.

You and I need to get a truck / trailer and go spend the weekend with Cedarman.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

After I get back from surf fishing at Cape Hatteras, we will go.  Maybe we can meet up with Ray and Peter on the way. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

That will be quite the trip. Better stop about halfway and buy that coat I told you about. I'll put another log on for ya.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on October 30, 2013, 08:30:33 PM
After I get back from surf fishing at Cape Hatteras, we will go.  Maybe we can meet up with Ray and Peter on the way.

Why not just blow the horn and wave at them as we go by.  :D :D :D :D
From reading one of Jeff's replies regarding ERC.....we probably should get enough to donate 5% to the F.F.  :)

thecfarm

I have some Northern White Cedar that I can bribe you with to come this far North.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

I will come for the jelly. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

If that is all it will take,than that is fine. Jelly it is.

Peter Drouin

Nice poston. Where do find the time for that ?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It'll take a whole lot more than Jelly to get me up North. :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on October 30, 2013, 09:27:17 PM
Nice poston. Where do find the time for that ?

Peter, sometimes when I see a piece of wood....well....I just have to make time.  :)

thecfarm

POSTON,Looks like you will be left off beside the road somewheres from here to there. And by the way,I survived the trip down your way once,won't hurt you any either.

jamesamd

That is a work of art,David!
Well done,again.

Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Peter Drouin

Don't do that Ray will have chairs from here to there.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

jueston

Quote from: WDH on October 30, 2013, 09:12:19 PM
I will come for the jelly.

And its worth it, he makes some delicious jelly....

SwampDonkey

Nice. That dogwood spirals like a grape vine. If your gonna be sitt'n there a long time whittling, make sure you get yourself a cushion. Certain parts might become paralyzed. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I can't take any credit for the making part. That would be Brenda's part. But the picking part I can take credit on.  ;D

Farmerjw

If I can be nosy, how did you dry that cookie/seat without it cracking apart? :P
Premier Bovine Scatologist

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Farmerjw on December 03, 2013, 10:31:26 PM
If I can be nosy, how did you dry that cookie/seat without it cracking apart? :P

The Cedar log was found in the woods. The wind had uprooted it years ago and the tree itself was not touching the ground.

I have no idea how long this tree had been down. I think I just got lucky at finding the tree at the right time.
I have always thought, when someone cuts cookies and they do their best to keep them from cracking, there is more luck than skill in achieving it.

Jeff

I think with the irregular shape you have there, that that,(tom)  has more to do with it than anything. You see cypress clock cookies quite often that do not crack either with extreme shape.  I think that is because the stresses on the perimeter are pushing and pulling because you are not really working with the typical ellipse.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Probably very true. I've (uncle) had one for 30 years, not a crack in it. But some of the cedars don't move a whole lot anyway. Have some white cedar rounds in the basement with only a single check on the perimeter of each, no wider than the crayon centre of a pencil crayon. And not that deep. Been in the basement for 20 years. Now this winter's wood, including small rounds is checked all the way around in multiple rays and goes to the pith on a lot of them.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!