iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whittlers Chair

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 28, 2013, 03:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I finished this, this afternoon....

.....what I call......a Whittlers Chair.

Built entirely of dried Cedar. The top "twisted" wood bar across the back is made from Dogwood.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ljohnsaw

I'll be the first to say - That's Cool!  It would look good in my cabin (when I build it!).

Nice job. 8) 8)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Deese

Poston,
Super Cool :o
Is the backrest "sturdy"?
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

WmFritz

Way cool, DP. The back adds a lot of character.

What are you gonna tell Paul when he cain't find his slingshot.  :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

Nice.  It looks like your finish is working.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Mooseherder

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

Very nice!  looks like the seat could bleed.

Jeff

Sold!   ;)

I wish we had erc here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

Nice Y back.  Reminded me of my childhood.  Good stuff, David.  Your creativity is amazing.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

You are good!!!  I also wished we had some of the ERC up here.  :-\ 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

David,

I could suggest that we send them some grits in lieu of ERC, but I suspect that they would not appreciate that.

David,

The twisted dogwood back is especially nice.  That dog does not have any bark. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Deese on October 28, 2013, 04:31:19 PM
Poston,
Super Cool :o
Is the backrest "sturdy"?

Ohhhhh yea. The limbs go down into the seat 1-1/2". They were glued and screwed.....but ya can't see it.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WmFritz on October 28, 2013, 04:33:29 PM

What are you gonna tell Paul when he cain't find his slingshot.  :)

He won't care. He's using a Mossberg 243 now.  ;D

thecfarm

That was close.I'm glad I did not wish for any ERC. I would hate to see grits in the Glacial North.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on October 28, 2013, 10:14:54 PM
That was close.I'm glad I did not wish for any ERC. I would hate to see grits in the Glacial North.  :D

Danny and I will sent you a Grits Tree. They only bloom in the winter.  :D

thecfarm

Better wait still spring. It will die here in the winter. No way to dig a hole and plant it. And no way to water it either.  ;D

Chuck White

That sure is a purdy chair POSTON.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ron barnes

Nice looking chair.  Great use of both the cedar and the dogwood.

lowpolyjoe

Definitely the most unique chair I ever seen.  I love it  8)

justallan1

Beautiful work. It seems that every time I saw up a unique log I get on here and find what I could have done with it.

Allan

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on October 28, 2013, 07:54:41 PMI wish we had erc here. 
My phone rang yesterday.  "I see from your website that you do not buy logs, but do you know anyone that is interested in Cedar"?  This guy just wants it to disappear from his land.  He can not find anyone interested in it and I can not offer any suggestions    :-\

My available time and inclination does not allow me to even think about developing a Cedar market.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

[quote  My phone rang yesterday.  "I see from your website that you do not buy logs, but do you know anyone that is interested in Cedar"?  This guy just wants it to disappear from his land.  He can not find anyone interested in it and I can not offer any suggestions    :-\
My available time and inclination does not allow me to even think about developing a Cedar market.
[/quote]

Ya....  :-\  Just rub it in.....   :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

Thank You Sponsors!