iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

That darned ole JD V50 HELP KEVIN!!!

Started by AtLast, May 16, 2004, 07:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtLast

I rebuilt the ole JD V50...but not quite sure how to " tweek" her up....doesnt seem to have quit the UMPH that I think it should....any suggestions?????

jimc

Is this the older yellow 50V (Echo)? I still have one I bought new.
What did you do to rebuild? Does this saw have the stock points ignition?
Suggest starting off checking the basics - compression,  case leaks, gas filter, plug color, etc. Maybe it just needs break in time.

Kevin

Did you get the carb adjusted properly?
What rpm are you getting?

AtLast

Kevin..I cant answer either question..all I can tell you is that I went with the factory settings on the carb....It runs " good"...just not " strong"

ji mc.....yes its the yellow saw...sat in my neighbors garage for a few years  till 1 day he brought it down and gave it to me....I put a new carb on it because they didnt have a rebuild kit for that particular saw....I have not done anything other than cleaned it up...new fuel filter and fuel lines

Kevin

There are a few things at the carb that could cause this including air leaks, a chain that's too tight will do this as well.
Plugged air filter.

AtLast

Kevin....I checked carb seal  and tried to adjust carb levels but now its even worse  :-/....the 2 adjustments for high and low smoothed out but constantly bogs  and wont run full throttle.....HELP!!!

Kevin

Hows the chain brake, could be dragging?
Exhaust port and muffler clean?
Did you do a compression test?

AtLast

Kevin,
There is no chain brake....
Muffler is good..no compression check other than the ole fashioned way....like I said...when it runs its runs good....as soon as you put a load to it she bogs...

Tom

coming out of right field....... :D

I had a two stroke bike that did that after a top-end rebuild and i found that the rings (it had two)  were lined up.

Sure sounds like a compresion problem.

jimc

Mine needed the fuel pickup hose replaced a couple of years ago - make sure yours hasn't turned to mush and is choking off fuel supply under a load.
Same goes for the pickup filter - you can blow it out when you check the hose .

AtLast

Kevin.....well...as it turned out the re is a VERY little  spacer that goes between the carb body and the choke body...that " grommet" was missing and not allowing the carb to seat properly....once replace and tuned up by a pro it runs like a Deere...fantastic saw..OMG this thing is soo strong.....thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!

Kevin

Thank You Sponsors!