iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kohler command 27 key

Started by Bigbo1234, October 27, 2013, 08:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbo1234

I lost the keys to my mill. Is this key something i can pickup at the hardware? Or is I something to order from Timberking or Koehler directly. A screwdriver will work for now, but it doesn't look very professional.
Bowen

Chuck White

I would think that you could get another switch at an autoparts store.

I don't think there would be anything special about it, unless it's the size!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I alway though not much diffeant in keys with them small motors. That is why the screwdriver works. Any place that sells Koehler should be able to help you. Get your model number and serial number just in case you need it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Try a riding lawn mower key those seam to be all the same :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

sawguy21

If it is the flat T shaped Indak key it is common to almost every brand of lawn tractor. Allis even used it on farm equipment, a $250,000 tractor with a $10 ignition switch. ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Bigbo1234

Turns out the local hardware had some. It's your basic small egine key I guess. Funny thing is the keys I lost had my truck key, house key, some pad lock keys and the mill key. I was only worried about the mill key. ( an th cool little screwdriver/spark plug gap tool that held them all together.) Still a bummer tho. If any of you happen to see my keys, please let me know I would appreciate it. ;)
Bowen

Magicman

You found a replacement for the "important" one.   ;D   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bandmiller2

Most Kubota tractors, in several year blocks, use the same key.Expect the dealer to ask a few questions when you buy them. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

dboyt

I thought I found your keys, but they were for an old Studebaker I sold years ago.  Hope you (or a FF member) finds your keys.  Screwdriver will also work for your pickup, if you don't mind driving in circles, and climbing through windows can be a real pain.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!