iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky 372

Started by coxy, October 26, 2013, 08:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

why does this thing keep blowing the muffler apart the saw is little over a year old and put 4 of them on it at 90 bucks a pop the jonnyreds don't have this prob at least my any way ;D         thanks for any info

thecfarm

Dealer don't know? Call up Husky direct. Must be a reason why.I have an older 372,6-8 years old.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

dealer told me I was tacking the drags down to far  and it was vibrating to much never heard that one before   but it doesn't bother my jonnyreds  and they are the new 2172s

treeslayer2003

put blue Loctite on the screws.

thecfarm

tacking the drags down to far? Meaning using the dogs to cut with?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

husky fan 500

ur dealer said that u had the rakers filed down too far???  that would give a little more vibration as u know. is the muffler coming apart or coming loose?  if its loose use loctite if it comes apart id put a couple of tack welds on the seam between the halves

thecfarm

rakers,  :-[  Never heard them called drags. I guess I need to get off the hill more.

SawTroll

Quote from: thecfarm on October 26, 2013, 10:34:11 AM
rakers,  :-[  Never heard them called drags. I guess I need to get off the hill more.

Maybe you do, as it isn't that uncommon to call them drags... ;)
Information collector.

Full Chisel

I dunno who will agree on this and who not, but here it is. If you got them screws coming loose on J-Red or a Husky, and nothing else works, refit it with left hand threads.
Jed: Jethro, how's come they ain't no ice in Kali Forni-a?

Jethro: Don't look at me Uncle Jed. I didn't take it.

sharkey

I think your going to find whether left or right thread its the vibration that is causing the problems.  Red Loctite or buy longer bolts and safety wire it.  Bailey's has the aftermarket muffler on sale for $30.
http://www.baileysonline.com/Chainsaws/Chainsaw-Parts/Muffler-Exhaust/Husqvarna/Muffler-for-Husqvarna-Jonsered-362-390-2063-2186.axd 

coxy

the bolts are not coming lose the muffler is splitting in half but not at the seem  or it blows a hole in the side by the bar  ???

JohnG28

That sounds like an interesting problem!  ???
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

sweetjetskier

I have 2.5 years of run time on a 372 x-torq and have not had any problems at all with the saw.

I always check fasteners when I clean up the saws after use though
Arborist, Horticulturist, Nursery and Turfgrass Professional with 27 years experience.

angelo c

Quote from: coxy on October 27, 2013, 10:09:50 AM
the bolts are not coming lose the muffler is splitting in half but not at the seem  or it blows a hole in the side by the bar  ???

"Holy hoppers Batman !!!!"  Never head of that happening before. Any chance of posting a pic?
Man thats tough to wrap my brain around the exhaust pressures needed for that to happen coming from a small 2 stroke of any sort. Bad welds would have been my first thought but blasting out the side is wild.
wife,kids,dog,t-shirts to prove it

bandmiller2

Coxy,what are you feeding that critter.??I would just weld a heavier patch inside the muffler where the burnthroughs occure.I think there are outher problems afoot here perhaps burning too hot or lean. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

coxy

Quote from: angelo c on October 28, 2013, 07:24:58 AM
Quote from: coxy on October 27, 2013, 10:09:50 AM

"Holy hoppers Batman !!!!"  Never head of that happening before. Any chance of posting a pic?
Man thats tough to wrap my brain around the exhaust pressures needed for that to happen coming from a small 2 stroke of any sort. Bad welds would have been my first thought but blasting out the side is wild.
sorry meant to say and blowing a hole after it splits  sorry

coxy

I run the same gas in the other saws and it doesn't bother them  was told it might be a bent crank ??? don't under stand how that could happen  but weird things happen to strange people :D going to try one more muffler if it cracks its dozer bait ;D

tlandrum

when you give up on it let me know and I can figure it out for you. I have all the needed parts to fix anything it could be.
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

husky fan 500

no no no dont make it dozer bait. there are aftermarket dual port mufflers out there that might be an option 4 u  or if ur anything like me take one of the old ones and make your own.  i just made one last wknd  i drilled a hole in the side  one half the dia of the oem hole there is a difference but not a great lot

Thank You Sponsors!