iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill building

Started by Buddyw, October 25, 2013, 08:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddyw

I got started building a cover over my mill .
Here are a few pictures of the progress so far...

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Wow....looks good.
I just have to ask....Did it take a crane that BIG to set them poles?  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Nice progress...  And nice to have that crane around too... beats a sky hook.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

warren46

I am planning on setting the steel trusses for my sawmill shed next Tuesday.  Can you bring over that Bucyrus.
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

thecfarm

Looks like that will work. Will that crane be put to work to help out on the building?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tim Lea

Nice start. And nice crane.

WDH

Where do I get one of those  ???  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Buddyw

POSTONLT40HD, Naw , the crane was used to set the main part of the mill and I just left it sitting their. That part was heavy , heavy. Just a little much for the crane on my service trucks.
beenthere, Those old cranes are handy to have around at times. I have several of them around here..
Warren46 , I would gladly sent it to you if you need it. I have a friend that lives over in Concord , that has a crane on his service truck that would come over and set those beams if you need him to.
thesfarm, Naw , the crane has done everything I needed it to do on this project I think ...
Tim Lea , Thanks !
WDH, Those old crane are around. The old cranes is another hobby of mine. I collect and restore them. Sickness I have !!!  LOL !!!

WoodenHead

That will be a nice building.  Cranes are certainly handy.  I had to resort to the sky hook to build my shed.   :D

I was talking with a friend of mine who is in construction.  He was telling me that here in Ontario the ministry of labour is considering making it mandatory to build the roof (trusses, strapping, metal) on the ground and hoist it up with a crane.  It seems to be that we've had a quite a few accidents of people falling from buildings as the roof structure is going up.   :-\

hardtailjohn

Nice looking shed, mill and crane!!! 
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Thank You Sponsors!