iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

believe it or not, but..

Started by roghair, October 25, 2013, 05:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roghair

a few weeks ago was the first time I saw a sawmill in real life other than my own (home made) sawmill. Although I am fine with my sawmill, I was impressed with the smoothness and power of the LT70 that was demonstrating at a forest management seminar/event I attended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKwAKw2J_t8

The event was organized at a very nice estate here in The Netherlands:

built a sawmill

Chuck White

They are definately a nice machine, but a little out of my reach  :-\ nice looking estate too!

Thanks for posting!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Nomad

Roghair, what was he cutting?  Sure looks like he was taking it slow.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

customsawyer

I would have to agree with Nomad.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

5quarter

I think he had his blade on backwards... ;) :D

Perhaps he only had a couple logs to demo on and needed to stretch out the sawing.
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

bandmiller2

Bandmill builders thinking about a hydraulic turner /clamp replay the first part of the video.The two plain clamp/turner works well and is very simple to build. LT-70 is sure a spoiler, I ran a new one for a couple of years, made it hard to drop back to my selfbuilt. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

roghair

He was cutting a douglas, and yes he was taking it slow at that moment. The surface of the boards were smooth as if they were planed (probably because he was so slow)
built a sawmill

Delawhere Jack

Everyone is impressed with a WoodMizer. It's the mill that loves you back!  smiley_love

Must admit I'm a bit jealous of the newer WM's with the two plane clamps, chain turners, vertical backstops, fancy computer setworks and all...... But then, what fun is it milling without the chance that you'll get your claw turner pinned under a heavy log with no support equipment to bail you out...  :o

I still move my OLD Mizer!  :-*

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

two-legged-sawmill

Hello,without a doubt a well built and engineer mill, great for the Guys that can afford them, going back to the old saying, still holds true today. " If wishes were Horses, Beggers could Ride!"
     The Forum is a great place for information, and I love it! However, as a newbe the biggest gripe I have is the comparisume that are posted! If a party can only aford a chainsaw to make lumber so be it, and if you can only afford a Hobbie mill, yes it will take you longer. the bunnie and the turtle proves the point! I think we should compare apples to apples and not run down a mill that is desgined to be flown into the bush with a light track. To larger Horse power and rugged tracks. Most coments slam bang the mills that $5k to the ones that upwards to $40k or more.  My Take Dan.
"There are no secrets to success. It is the results of preperation, hard work, and learning from failures"

Ga Mtn Man

Dan, I think your comments are without basis.  Most guys on the forum go out of their way not to make unfair comparisons of one type of mill to another.  Please give us some examples of someone, as you say, "slam bang the mills that $5k to the ones that upwards to $40k".
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Nomad

???  Did I miss something? 
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!