iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Great Opening day for Pheasants

Started by blackfoot griz, October 24, 2013, 08:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackfoot griz

Had a great opening day Pheasant hunting in Montana.  Great times with great friends=great memories!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Wow, that is a whack of Ringnecks.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Beautiful birds that I have always wanted to hunt. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

rbhunter

I miss chasing pheasants and quail. Looks like you had a good day. How many of you were there? Did you hunt over dogs or pheasant drives or just walking. I used to get more excited for the opening of pheasant and quail season than any other time of the year.

Thanks for the picture, it brings back memories.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

blackfoot griz

There were 6 of us and three dogs- a  yellow lab, a griffon and a german shorthair.
It was a special outing for me.  My dad passed away several years ago. Prior to his passing, he gave me his Belgium-made Browning 12 gauge he bought new in 1967.

This was the first time that gun had been in the field since 1975.  Missed my first bird and could hear my dad's words..."follow through".

WDH

How do they eat, as in, how are they for table fare?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

beenthere

Excellent on the table. Up there with grouse, but I rate pheasant best of all the game birds. IMO
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Quail has been #1 for me, but I have not had pheasant.  Hopefully, I will get to try it.  Dove breast, slow cooked in the oven with gravy and served on rice, is also very good. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

rbhunter

I have my wife's uncle Belgium Browning along with the original papers for it. I tried it once for bird hunting but put it back in favor of my 870 Wingmaster. The Browning has a full choke and I had a disappearing quail, after I shot it all I saw was feathers.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

drobertson

Nice hunt!  real glad you were able to go, lots of fun with friends, and good eats afterwards,  your Dad would be proud of your  tally at the end of the day!    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ron Scott

~Ron

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!