iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Blue Lid

Started by Mooseherder, October 22, 2013, 09:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

POSTON WIDEHEAD

"                                                                             ".
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

What a GREAT story!

(I am headed to the kitchen  :)).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ashes

Very Nice!
How long was the cook time on that?

WmFritz

smiley_thumbsup smiley_lipsrsealed smiley_thumbsup
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Mooseherder

The cook time is a couple hours but I like to let it stew for a few more on a real slow simmer before eating.  I have a couple other variations.  One is to put floured dumplings at the end.  This thickens it though.
I didn't have any beef bouillon cubes.  Usually use a few of them.  It was still good but missing a little saltyness.  Had to manually salt. :D
The other thing is sometimes I'll cook the onions and celery first in a lil butter then add the beef.  I only added one bottle of water, should have used another. The rest of the broth was from the meat and vegetables.  That and I usually make it over my fire pit grate but decided to use the smoker grill instead because I had other stuff going on and I didn't want to tend a fire.  So this was the first time over charcoal and wood.
The Blue Lid Sequel coming to you soon.  "The Reheat" ;D

Magicman

I love stories with happy endings.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DoubleD

I bet it tasted great  food2 digin_2
Wannabe a sawmiller

Mooseherder

I know you didn't have to wait very long for the sequel.
Had to eat Stew again on the following night.  It was sad I had no company or saltines though.
It was even better the second time around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO1hNYCnn98&feature=youtube

POSTON WIDEHEAD

DanG boy.....you sure know how to make somebody slobber at tha mouth!  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

DanG.  I sure hate that I missed that  :'(.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

There's always a next time. ;)

WDH

You are a kind gentleman.  I won't miss out a second time  :).

pigman

I would like to make that, but I can't. I don't have a blue lid. :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Mooseherder

You can use my blue lid.  I couldn't find the right lid for this pot.  It had been stored away.  Found two lids while searching.  One was too small and the Blue one, which was too big.  I never found the perfect size lid.  My wife will have to find it. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!