iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer mill get "clawed"

Started by Bibbyman, May 16, 2004, 05:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

The LT70HD sawing a big double-barreled ash log.

Note the small change they made in the "toe" of the loading arms.  It's being used on all the new hydraulic mills.

WM open house in MT. Vernon

Arky, Rmay and their clans were there and looked over JT's new LT40HDG28-FE real good.  (Reminded me of the "Little-Rascal" episode where the rich kid moved in with a new fire engine. :D :D ) Maybe we can learn a little more about the new engine from them.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

AtLast

Um Bibby?....My Bakers always had dem dare claw thingys

ARKANSAWYER

Them dew claws will make loading and keeping the logs on the forks while on a slight down hill grade to the loading side.  I have had a few logs jump off and roll away.  And I have had some not want to roll up on the forks when they were wet and the bark was loose.  It will be a nice Mod.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Frickman

Hey Arky,
Could you get out the welder and grinder and put some claws on Wanda? If you build up a spot with the stick welder and grind a point on it it might work better than a smooth arm. Of course, you'd have to talk nice to Wanda from then on, or else she might take a swipe at you when you're not looking.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

ARKANSAWYER

It would not take much to cut some 1/2 inch stock with a torch to make the claws and just weld them on the sides of the tips of my forks.  If fishing was not so good right now I would do it this weekend but every day this week I crossed the Buffalo River I have seen a fish flop. :o   Wanda does not mind my welding on her as I have some offical WM orange paint to touch her up with.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

RMay

JTs new mill had the new grease less roller guides and unproved air filter system also . 8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Minnesota_boy

Arkansawyer,
I used 5/8" rod cut at an angle and welded real short pieces of it to the ends of the loader arms.  Then I sawed a 3/4" nut in half and welded the pieces to the top of the loader arm.  Works great!  I have pictures, but the camera won't give them up tonight.  When I get them out of the camera, I'll post them.  :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Minnesota_boy

I finally go the camera to give up the pictures.  Here's a peek at the end of the loader arm with the hook and bump welded on it.  I've used it a few days now and it seems to do a great job of getting those logs off the ground and onto the loader.

I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Thank You Sponsors!