iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 268 Hardwood

Started by aldo, October 21, 2013, 07:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aldo

Hi folks just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the hardwood series in the 268 model. I picked up a nice clean version and to be honest have no idea it existed.

I did ask this question on AS but its on holiday.

nmurph

You got answered on AS, but maybe you didn't see it.

The "Hardwood" decal was apparently a Husqvarna response to the percieved lack of torque in their saws.

aldo

Hi there, I did see that response.

I take it that it was a bit of a marketing ploy by dealers in Aust perhaps as opposed to a designated model so to speak. Just a box of stickers they slapped on a few models?

HolmenTree

There was a sticker on the earlier Huskies in the 1970s early '80s that said "Professional". Good sales gimmick and they really were professional saws at the time.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

aldo

Hi folks, just wondering if this saw would have the splined carb adjustment screws?

I am taking it for a job in a few days and I just realised it may have these so I wouldn't be able to tune it.

I had a splined driver for my last Husky but sold it with the saw ::)

Not home at the moment to check this btw.

HolmenTree

The 268 just uses the old school flat blade mini screwdriver.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

aldo

Spike60

Quote from: HolmenTree on October 22, 2013, 12:14:07 AM
There was a sticker on the earlier Huskies in the 1970s early '80s that said "Professional". Good sales gimmick and they really were professional saws at the time.

Along with:

Rancher
Farm Tough
Practica
SE
XP
Super
Ulticor (My vote for silliest)

Mostly just marketing stuff, though some may denote differences from similar models.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

SawTroll

Quote from: Spike60 on October 31, 2013, 04:50:23 PM
Quote from: HolmenTree on October 22, 2013, 12:14:07 AM

Along with:

Rancher
Farm Tough
Practica
SE
XP
Super
Ulticor (My vote for silliest)

Mostly just marketing stuff, though some may denote differences from similar models.

I agree with you about the silliest one!  :)
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!