iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sometimes.....well.......JUST DO IT!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 17, 2013, 07:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Crab Legs at the grocery store here are $7.99/ pound. But sometimes, Ya gotta make the little Lady smile. :)
My wife is from Florida and love's 'em.

So when she got home, I had a big pot of Legs waiting with all the fixins. 3 of us ate 4 pounds!! PIGS!  :D
Desert? Blackberry Cobbler.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Mooseherder

Nice Clusters.  I can taste them right now with a little garlic butter. :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on October 17, 2013, 07:28:29 PM
Nice Clusters.  I can taste them right now with a little garlic butter. :)

Yep....Hey Glenn, Publix is up here buying out a lot of the Bi-Lo stores. I'm glad to see them up here!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Mooseherder

Every now and then we have them at 6.99.
I'm not sure if you have fresh seafood in your area.
If not, you will now. :)

drobertson

All around good price!  I could do without the butter, but don't forget the lemon!   
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Raider Bill

Instead of boiling them  throw on the grill for a couple minutes and paint with butter/ garlic mixture. Doesn't dilute the flavor like boiling does. When you crack them the butter/garlic is on your fingers and transfers to the meat.

Stone crab season just started here Wednesday.

You will love Publix Markets.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Mooseherder

I've tried them on the grill also with beer for steam on a cookie sheet.  They are already cooked eh and your just trying to reheat without over cooking.  They were great.  I hope Stone Crab season is better than last year.  Last season was the lowest in 30 years.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Mooseherder on October 18, 2013, 09:18:43 AM
I've tried them on the grill also with beer for steam on a cookie sheet.  They are already cooked eh and your just trying to reheat without over cooking.  They were great.  I hope Stone Crab season is better than last year.  Last season was the lowest in 30 years.

Talked to a crabber and he said it's going to be worse. The gulf has been calm no big storms needs to be churned up. Last year the octopus about wiped them out over here so many crabbers are not throwing traps this year. South Fl. crabbers are on strike for price. Local Crab bar is getting $24lb mediums, $29 large and $34 Jumbos. I like them but not that much.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!