AdkStihl

J.Miller Photography

WmFritz

I don't... but, were I a trout, those would look very tempting to me. digin1
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is probable a dying art. I'm assuming you tied these and may I say these are a piece of art.
Good pictures too!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Autocar

If I was a fish I would go for one of them  :D
Bill

JohnM

Adk, those are excellent!  Well done.  I have a kit but haven't touched it for several years.  However, my feather collection has gotten quite large since getting chickens. ;D  Need to start up again soon.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

pappy19

Tie a muskrat nymph with grey ostritch as the body and a brown hackle on a #6 hook for me.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

terry f

I agree with it being art, especially the first set. Looks like they were made for the human eye as much as the fishes eye.

Chuck White

I used to tie a bunch of streamers throughout the winter when I was stationed in Alaska!

They would be used in May when Red Salmon season opened on the Russian River!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Seaman

BEAUTIFUL ! I fly fish a little here in WNC, but do not tie.
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

AdkStihl

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 17, 2013, 05:28:47 PM
This is probable a dying art. I'm assuming you tied these and may I say these are a piece of art.
Good pictures too!

Yes I tied them. & Thank You
J.Miller Photography

AdkStihl

Quote from: pappy19 on October 17, 2013, 10:46:34 PM
Tie a muskrat nymph with grey ostritch as the body and a brown hackle on a #6 hook for me.

Pap

#6 Nymph? Like a Mustad 3906? Tiemco 3761? That's an awefully large nymph for these neck of the woods. I should have a few nymph hooks in the size range.
Soft hackle or dry hackle?
Do you have a particular pattern or recipe you want me to follow?
Weighted or unweighted?
J.Miller Photography

Rancher

Really the best thing about tying flies is the satisfaction of having them work. I started out tying for myself because I thought it would be fun and because I thought I could save money. We had bantam chickens that had nice necks and saddles. I also had a friend that worked for Eagle Claw that kept me in hooks. As long as I can stalk and fool trout with what I tie, I'm happy.

Dave
If you're honest you don't have to trust your memory.

Jamie_C

I have been tying flies for over 25 years now, i tied commercially for quite a few years and even tied for Hunters Angling Supplies before they were sold and turned into Stone River.

I am that addicted to it that back in February of 2012 i gave up running harvesters and opened my own fly shop !!

BradMarks

Excellent looking flies showcased with that photography!  I agree that going from materials on a table to a fish on the line is most satisfying.  I don't tie, my wife does, and she's pretty darn good!  I fish almost exclusively dry for the "action".  Fish don't have to be big but what a bonus when they are!

Magicman

I do not tie, but I loved those pictured.  Great Craftsmanship.    smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chain

Those are beautifully done. I use to tie back in my high school days bass bugs, poppers, and a few of those you have. I used deer hair as it would float. I had a favorite "swimming frog" made from deer hair and squirrel tail I believe, bass could hardly resist. The good 'ol days.

AdkStihl

Quote from: pappy19 on October 17, 2013, 10:46:34 PM

Pap

Hows this? Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. I don't have my light box set up right now.

J.Miller Photography

isawlogs

I tied my own back 25 years ago. I got my fly rod out two summers ago and have been using it as much as possible since. We have a small trout river here that does not have a big population of fish but it does give me a fish or two to put on the grill every once in a while. Catching them with flies one put together over 25 years ago in very satisfying.

you do nice work my friend.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

AdkStihl

Tied a hairwing salmon fly with the upcoming Halloween theme in mind!
Looks like a fish catcher.
I'll try to take a pic tonight  ;)
J.Miller Photography

Thank You Sponsors!