iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Load of veneer heading to morehead

Started by Birchwood Logging, October 16, 2013, 02:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birchwood Logging

A nice little load of veneer white oak and walnut going to morehead in the morning 

John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

Birchwood Logging

John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

smwwoody

Nice looking logs. Load looks a little FAT.  Tough to make any money now a days with out running heavy
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Birchwood Logging

Yea it's a little heavy the veneer mill is 100 miles away got to try and haul as much as I can hope I don't run in to any weight boys lol

exSW

Who calls them Veneer?Here the buyer(for export) comes out to the woodlot and grades and he wants them down.Grade buyers best friend if the woodlot owner gets hungry chasing veneer prices and cuts everything. 
"well I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison"

clww

I've noticed in a few of your posts the building the truck is parked at. It sparks my curiosity as what it used to be. ???
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Birchwood Logging

The old building is a church that my father pastors at it was built in 1945

clww

I was thinking it was that, or an old mill. Thanks! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

julio

I can remember when we hauled coal they was no weight man .
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

Birchwood Logging

There not to bad around here they use to be when the coal business was doing good I thing the weight men around hear are just glad to see some body working lol

bigred1951

hey since your gonna be in my territory tomorrow give me a shout we can meet up and shoot the crap for a few if you got the spare time

Birchwood Logging

Why sure sounds good to me pm me your phone number and I will give you a call when I get down there

bigred1951

pm sent. if you cant reach me either im out of service or passed out asleep. woke up early this morning had to go pay electric, went and got groceries for my mamaw then me and my girlfriend moved into a different trailer.

Autocar

That load should bring a smile to your face those walnuts look over twenty inches should be ten dollar logs, white oak for me been three and a half. Good luck, nice looking load also.
Bill

Birchwood Logging

Yea that load should have brought good but I got cheated that load only brought $2725 what a disappointment the walnuts was over 20 inches all the white oaks was slick and straight most over 16 inches some 20 inch plus there was 1900 feet on that load looks like I'm gonna have to find another veneer buyer in eastern ky

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Autocar

Yes you need to find a new veneer man, Give me a day or so and I will get you a few numbers  and there come to your job to buy them. Ive been averaging ten dollars for walnut over twenty inches I sold a bur oar last week that was a 24 inch 20 foot long for $2.50 a board foot.
Bill

Birchwood Logging

I would greatly appreciate that I am tired of giving my logs away

Autocar

Bill

WH_Conley

No Walnut. I sold some $2.00 White Oak a couple of weeks ago. Over in Vanceburg.
Bill

Kemper

If that was veneer white oak, should have got over $3, here. Maybe the picture didn't do them justice, but I don't think they would have veneered here. I could be wrong, just my two cents.

Woodhauler

Quote from: Birchwood Logging on October 16, 2013, 02:16:21 PM

If i had met that load coming down the road, i would have pulled mywesternstar over to give you the road!!! Most un safe load i have seen in awhile! Would be atleast a 1000.00 dollar fine up here!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Dave Shepard

You sure you've got enough zero's in that number? :D Down here they'd take your ride and send a padded truck to pick you up and take you somewhere where you couldn't hurt yourself or anybody else. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Autocar

Just my two cents but eveyone of us got our start with older equipment and south of the Ohio river including southern ohio single axle trucks seem to be loggers preferd trucks. Maybe because of the narrow,winding roads.Great trucks to get out to the blacktop road as a forwarder to the semi.
Bill

WH_Conley

I didn't think that looked like too bad a load. Loaded a little bit forward, someday the frame is going to break into. I wonder about the veneer part too. I couldn't blow up the pics without them getting grainy.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!