iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who went to the sun belt expo in Moultrie Ga today

Started by sawdusty1, October 15, 2013, 08:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawdusty1

I just got back.  I must say I was impressed with Norwood bandmill.  It was a very heavy duty mill.  I was very unimpressed with the Hudson.  I guess you get what you pay for.  They had a Husqvarna 372 xp for $699 show special.  They had a John Deere cotton picker and roll maker,5000lb roles, for only $791,000.00.  It was a beautiful cloudy and breezy day.  We met alot of great people.   We spent 7 hours on our feet and was glad to get back home.   
Woodmizer LT15
Husqvarna 550xp
Husqvarna 372xp
Husqvarna 350
Husqvarna 55 Rancher
Husqvarna 181se
Kubota L4701

Nomad

What mills were there this year?  I've gone for the last several years, but less and less manufacturers showed up.  Didn't figure it was worth the trip this year.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

sawdusty1

Norwood, Wood Mizer and Hudson.  One other that was very well made but I don't remember the name.
Woodmizer LT15
Husqvarna 550xp
Husqvarna 372xp
Husqvarna 350
Husqvarna 55 Rancher
Husqvarna 181se
Kubota L4701

DanG

Hey Sawdusty1, I don't know how I have managed to overlook you here.  I'm right across the river from you near Greensboro.  We need to meet up soon!  I just talked to Woodbowl on the phone and he is sawing off of River Road this week, too.  If you meet up with him don't mention flying or you'll never get rid of him!  :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawdusty1

DanG, I've noticed you are from Chattahoochee.  That's where I grew up.  I am trying to copy your loading arch for my trailer.  Hope to meet you soon.  Do you live near Mayo Potter.  He raises Boer Goats.
Woodmizer LT15
Husqvarna 550xp
Husqvarna 372xp
Husqvarna 350
Husqvarna 55 Rancher
Husqvarna 181se
Kubota L4701

DanG

I know Mayo Potter but don't live all that close to him...10 or 12 miles.  Mayo and I had a mutual adventure helping Olen saw some wood for Tommy Parker one time.  That was the time Olen's truck fell apart on the Interstate and we all figured out how to have fun with a disaster. :D  I live about 4 miles due north of Greensboro.

That old arch I built is pretty simple, but I "engineered" it around the materials I had on hand, so it would be harder to build a second one like it than it was to build the first one.  You would pretty much need an old telephone office to raid materials from. :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Sixacresand

We are motel-ed in Adel GA tonight and are planning on visiting the Expo tomorrow, Thursday.   We always have a big time there.   Looks like good weather.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!