iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Load of veneer heading to morehead

Started by Birchwood Logging, October 16, 2013, 02:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birchwood Logging

That load wasn't to big of a load it was a descent load my truck handles it well it has air brakes that work good and new tires the truck has a double frame large 18k rear end and a 10k front axel great little truck for around hear in the mountains a lot of tight places all the lights horns marker lights work I consider it a pretty safe truck and the best part it's payed for and only cost $2500
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

Ken

The difference in logging trucks seems to be extremely variable in different parts of the logging world.  The small single axle trucks such as birchwood logging shows would not be allowed here with loads that size.  Here in eastern Canada tractor trailers are certainly preferred although there are still some tandems around although most also haul pups.  More so in Nova Scotia.  In Maine I see lots of tandems with loaders mounted behind the cab.  They are pretty much non-existent here.  Then there are the trucks with tires, tires and more tires such as pictures from the Midwest. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

exSW

If you think that loads bad you ain't seen a pulpwooders rig.Them DOT boys got coveralls and creepers for a reason,the good ones know what to look for and it isn't how shiney that rig is.
"well I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison"

Thank You Sponsors!