iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ever see one of these?

Started by cmcgalla, October 15, 2013, 01:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmcgalla

This is pretty cool for a homeowner getting some firewood . . . your thoughts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxWUz1Qc51g

beenthere

A good way to get wood if the trees are located across a pond or lake.
Has been posted a few times before, and is a good video to watch. Glad I don't have to go to those lengths to get my firewood. Dipping down into the adjacent woods up to 1/4 mile is far enough.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CCC4

Pretty neat. Reminds me of my old boom loading days only on a miniature scale. I figure though that the poles were light enough to handle and the little boom and small winch were probably just time consuming.

Onthesauk

Have seen it before but watched it all, beginning to end! :)
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Larro Darro

Quote from: CCC4 on October 15, 2013, 02:27:48 PM
I figure though that the poles were light enough to handle and the little boom and small winch were probably just time consuming.

I thought the same thing. I think he just wanted to be in the movies. Those splitters were nice, though. He could get more done than me and my ax. But then I'm splitting for my BBQ grill, not for heat.

Larro
Make good money. Five dollars a day.
Made anymore, I might move away.

thecfarm

I think Jonsered made one like that,but smaller,Iron Horse? I like it. i wonder if a trailer behind my tractor and my 3pt winch I could load logs like that. Would have to built a jig,but it might work.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HiTech

That is pretty frosty. It's nice to see people with innovative ideas.

stumpjumper83

I'll say this for the man, his toy collection is well stocked...  farm tractor, splitter, processor of sorts, wee little forwarder, boat...  etc

It may be easier than loading by hand but that electric winch scares me, its rather jerky for handling logs around me.

Philmo

Wow that's really neat, he makes it look effortless. From the comments under the video, it looks like it's made in Sweden. Is it actually possible to buy this commercially in the U.S.? Looking at an overview of the forestry industry, it might be a money spinner: http://www.statista.com/topics/1316/forest-products-industry/

Luckily I don't need one - got plenty of firewood nearby, though I know some folks who might appreciate something like that.

Magicman

:)  I like it and I do not even need it.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!