iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gehl 4625 sx skid steer

Started by coxy, October 13, 2013, 06:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

anyone ever work on one  the starter motor keeps running after it starts but not at high speed witch makes the auto shut of over heat to the point it melted all the goo out of it      there is a white wire on the starter that is not hooked to any thing could it be a ground prob  the guy I got it from told me the starter only stuck after he put the new one on and if you picked up the safety bar and put it back down it would stop  that worked for awhile now it stays on but not at high speed     going nuts with this thing    thanks for any info

thecfarm

Bad starter?? I sure don't know. But that is my guess.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

North River Energy

Perhaps another circuit is ground looping through the solenoid activation?  Redundant ground the starter case and/or the solenoid body, then run a temporary short term push-button switch to start and see if the problem persists.

Had a rebuilt starter do similar below freezing, as the solenoid plunger had been greased on assembly, and the grease was stiff enough in cold weather to stick the plunger action.

Dave Shepard

We had trouble with the starter in our Gehl. I think it's a 5640. More importantly it has the Duetz diesel engine. Is that what you have? We got two new starters from the dealer and they both had junk solenoids on them. Try tapping the solenoid after you start the engine, that might get it to let go. If not, you probably need to replace the solenoid, if it's a separate unit, or the entire starter.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!