iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dolmar size

Started by chainsaw dog, October 12, 2013, 07:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chainsaw dog

I'm new here.Bought a Dolmar at a yardsale for $5 last summer.Needed a chainbrake band,which the dealer never got back to me about.Thanks to my Stihl dealer I got one within 5 days(as well as parts for my old Muck-a-luck saws)
There were only a few readable numbers on it ,the dearler said it looked like it could be a P6000I or P6800I.I know nothing about Dolmar except it was made in Germany but is now owned by Makita.
I'm wondering if any of you saw guys would know what the horse power and CC's of this Dolmar might be.I have a pretty extensive collection,but this one has me stumped.It feels to be about double the hp of my farm boss.
Thanks,Old chainsaw dog,Maine
New saws don't have personalities until they're old

sawguy21

Welcome aboard. Dolmar has been around since the late 1920's, there is an ongoing debate whether they or Stihl had the first chain saw. They have always had a reputation as a rugged unit. The 6000 would be 60cc, the 6800 68cc.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SawTroll

Quote from: sawguy21 on October 12, 2013, 09:47:07 PM
Welcome aboard. Dolmar has been around since the late 1920's, there is an ongoing debate whether they or Stihl had the first chain saw. .....

That's an old debate, but it actually it is pretty obvious that it wasn't either of them - it happened much earlier - those two brands just came up with definations that fit their respective claim of being first.... :D.
Information collector.

SawTroll

Quote from: chainsaw dog on October 12, 2013, 07:04:34 PM
I'm new here.Bought a Dolmar at a yardsale for $5 last summer.Needed a chainbrake band,which the dealer never got back to me about.Thanks to my Stihl dealer I got one within 5 days(as well as parts for my old Muck-a-luck saws)
There were only a few readable numbers on it ,the dearler said it looked like it could be a P6000I or P6800I.I know nothing about Dolmar except it was made in Germany but is now owned by Makita.
I'm wondering if any of you saw guys would know what the horse power and CC's of this Dolmar might be.I have a pretty extensive collection,but this one has me stumped.It feels to be about double the hp of my farm boss.
Thanks,Old chainsaw dog,Maine

As far as I know, the 6000 was rated at 4.0 hp and the 6800 at 4.8 hp.

The cc was 60cc and 68cc, respectively - no hocus pocus there.

Makita bought Dolmar from Sachs in 1992.
Information collector.

chainsaw dog

Thanks guys for info. Chainsaw history is cool.  Acually first  mechanical chainsaw was invented by a doctor in 1800 somthing to cut off bones.he would have been in heaven with a gas one.

SawTroll

Quote from: chainsaw dog on October 17, 2013, 05:33:00 AM
Thanks guys for info. Chainsaw history is cool.  Acually first  mechanical chainsaw was invented by a doctor in 1800 somthing to cut off bones.he would have been in heaven with a gas one.

That is one of several options regarding the "first" chainsaw - it is all about how you define a chainsaw!    8)
Information collector.

chainsaw dog

Iguess got a makita .was hopen it was a sachs

SawTroll

Quote from: chainsaw dog on October 17, 2013, 07:14:38 PM
Iguess got a makita .was hopen it was a sachs

Well, the chainsaws are Dolmar, regardless who owned Dolmar at the time it was made!   ;)
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!