iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ran the mill Tuesday Evening!

Started by manoverboard, October 09, 2013, 09:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manoverboard

I flat sawed two(2) eight foot logs on Tuesday evening and ended up with 238bf and a stack to trim

TimberKing 2000, 35hp Diesel, Kubota L3800 w/loader

GAmillworker

Thank the Lord for second chances

manoverboard

Round here, those boards will go quick!

drobertson

Nice work! them wide boards would go quickly about anywhere!    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ladylake

Looks like you have that TK working good, what kind of wood is that.   That log you have laying on there is almost as ugly as the ones I get.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

xlogger

I like your mill, wish I had the diesel on my 2000. You might want to take the yellow guard off the adjustable roller side. I found in case you have to take the blade off for any reason while it's in the log it really helps. I know TK might come in here and say its on for safety. But just don't let anyone stand next to saw while sawing, that's a good idea anyways. I also took out all the fingers of the sawdust port except the outside one and it does not get clog up very much, this is better for me because I saw more cedar and it throw out lots of small pieces of bark. But if you break a blade it "could" come out the port also so that's another area no one should be near while sawing.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

thecfarm

Looks good. What kind of wood was that? Looks almost like white pine???
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ladylake

Quote from: xlogger on October 10, 2013, 07:06:20 AM
I like your mill, wish I had the diesel on my 2000. You might want to take the yellow guard off the adjustable roller side. I found in case you have to take the blade off for any reason while it's in the log it really helps. I know TK might come in here and say its on for safety. But just don't let anyone stand next to saw while sawing, that's a good idea anyways. I also took out all the fingers of the sawdust port except the outside one and it does not get clog up very much, this is better for me because I saw more cedar and it throw out lots of small pieces of bark. But if you break a blade it "could" come out the port also so that's another area no one should be near while sawing.

That yellow guard does make it tough to get the blade off either in the log or not, I think Larry just cut or ground off the lip on it which makes it easy while still offering decent protection.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

MRowsh

Nice pictures, looking real good there.  It looked like you were enjoying it too.  That is a blessing to enjoy what you do.

By the way, what brand saw mill do you have. The frame looked good.
LogMaster LM2 with Kubota V1305 Diesel conversion.
There is a price for everything in life!!!  No free lunches!
Retired US Army.

thecfarm

MRowsh,What kind of sawmill he has?Same place you have you have your John Deere 315SE listed.  ;D
And I wish all members would do that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

manoverboard

Well I put up another 375 bf of those 16" boards tonight, still have a huge pile of trimming to do tomorrow. Iget out of work at 4 and get to the site @ 4:40...Apparently, my day job is getting in the way  >:(
Quote from: ladylake on October 10, 2013, 07:02:58 AM

Looks like you have that TK working good, what kind of wood is that.   That log you have laying on there is almost as ugly as the ones I get.    Steve

Quote from: thecfarm on October 10, 2013, 07:19:42 AM
Looks good. What kind of wood was that? Looks almost like white pine???

You got it! Mostly white pine, we do have several nice poplar trees at the next site too. TK is doing well, of course I'm getting a bit more comfortable with the mill.

Quote from: xlogger on October 10, 2013, 07:06:20 AM

YES the yellow guard is in the way! I like the diesel too, How much fuel do you use on average? Although, I  have not compliled any hard data I do notice the diesel gets empty pretty fast...

Thanks Everyone! I've got 17.4 hours on my mill... At what point do I consider myself a sawyer??? :P

thecfarm

As soon as you hit your log stop with a new blade.  :D

manoverboard

Awesome!!! 8) I'm a sawyer!!! 8) 8) 8)

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

then this makes many of us Master sawyers? ;D   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

5quarter

Sadly, I too am a Master sawyer.   ::)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

mad murdock

Quote from: manoverboard link=topic=69512.msg1043014#msg1043014
img width=550 height=975]https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/33050/IMG_20131008_173741_985.jpg[/img]

Some NICE looking homemade "plywood" there!! :)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

manoverboard

Thank You! 5quarter.. My concern with these 16"+ wide boards is cupping. So far so good!

manoverboard

I just noticed! In my last picture you can see where I tried to straight cut the first log stop! I will toss those blades, or save them to practice with my set tool. I do not believe they are any good after sawing metal. Any thoughts on this?

xlogger

I've got a 34hp gas and can go threw 10 gal a day easy.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

manoverboard

Wow! That get pricey! Roughly using 4 gallons in 8 hours but that is very rough...

xlogger

That's why I said I wish I had a diesel >:(. Ricky

Thank You Sponsors!