iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

White Water Rafting Trip

Started by Left Coast Chris, June 30, 2013, 10:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Left Coast Chris

I used to guide white water rafting here in N. Ca for a number of years when I was younger so some of the staff at work wanted to try some rafting on the Trinity.  I agreed to take them.  Forgot how much work the paddling was and for a group of people with mostly desk jobs it really gave us a workout.  Since it was a dry spring the water level was lower than expected making the shoots tighter and drops higher.   This is us going over Hell Hole when we got the raft sideways.  Im standing up in the back.  By some miracle no one fell out (on this hole anyway)   :) :) :)

Pretty exciting!  :o :)

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

clww

That looks like it was quite exciting! 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WildDog

Looks like fun, a good bonding trip.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Left Coast Chris

It gives many a new perspective on what they can accomplish if they simply try and put their back into it.    For some they may come back with the thought that there is something out there bigger than they are.   Relying on others is another good thing that comes out of it also.   Something for everyone and a great time. :) :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Raider Bill

I noticed nobody is wearing a helmet. That normal?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Left Coast Chris

This is a class 3 trip so many don't wear them here.  On the larger class 4 or 5 trips we wear helmets.

SliverPicker

I caught a few nice steehead in Hell Hole when I was in college.  It looks a lot different during the rainy season!
Yooper by trade.

Left Coast Chris

Good to know.  They still have good runs of steel head and salmon.  Just being on the river is a good day. :)

Thank You Sponsors!