iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tigers back in

Started by beenthere, October 08, 2013, 07:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Tigers got back in the game with a home run in the 5th. And another 1 the 7th, plus a run scored.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/gamechannel
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mesquite buckeye

I'm putting on my big swami hat and thinking beenthere is a baseball fan. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

beenthere

Quotebeenthere is a baseball fan
;D
Only in the playoff's, and just find it interesting to keep track of the games during this time.
I was hoping the Tigers would get off their rears, and put some fight into it tonight.
Their manager was interviewed during the game, and made no sense whatsoever. So maybe someone else stepped up and took hold of the game about that 5th inning.

I've no dog in this hunt.   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

That game flat wore me out! Fans got their money's worth on that one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WmFritz

Listened to game 4 on the radio, by the campfire, at the cabin. Bad idea for deer hunting. Seems the yelling and hollering scared off all the deers today.  8)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Jeff

Quote from: WmFritz on October 09, 2013, 11:09:17 PM
Listened to game 4 on the radio, by the campfire, at the cabin. Bad idea for deer hunting. Seems the yelling and hollering scared off all the deers today.  8)

I'm looking forward to game 5!

How long are you up there? I'm going to try and get back up to the cabin this month yet. I think about you guys when I go by the wolverine exit.  :)

WmFritz

Woo Hoo ... that was fun!  8)  Bottom of the ninth inning nail- biter though.  :D

Jeff, I've been in Wolverine all week with my Dad. Going home tomorrow cuz its his 75th birthday and we're having a little surprise party at his house. :o  If it weren't for that, I'd stay a few more days. What great FFall weather were having. The deer aren't moving much in the daylight  but, I been seeing a few Pats, hearing a couple Coyotes  and a Hooty Owl wakes our woods up in the early morning hours and then again in the evening, into the night.  The weather has been so nice, I got an itch to head up toward Drummond for some Perch fishing. No time though. 
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Corley5

Wolverine  ???  Where in Wolverine  ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Burlkraft

They played a good game last night. I thought Verlander was gonna throw a no hitter.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Its been a fun season so far. Lots of coronary innings. :D Boston is going to be crazy.  Good to see the old Verlander last night. He'd struggled at times this year. Even with that, he still had a way above average season compared to most, just not compared to Verlander.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Corley5 on October 11, 2013, 06:43:41 AM

Them wolverines are bad guys. I much prefer buckeyes. ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

beenthere

Tigers did well tonight. Only need one more run than the other team...   ;D
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on October 12, 2013, 10:36:49 PM

Them wolverines are bad guys. I much prefer buckeyes. ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Talk like that could get you banned here.

mesquite buckeye

My wife is from up there. It can get cold at times.

martyinmi

Quote from: Jeff on October 13, 2013, 06:43:27 AM
Quote from: mesquite buckeye on October 12, 2013, 10:36:49 PM

Talk like that could get you banned here.
Jeff, you're not seriously a fat weasel fan, are you?
Sounds like you need a bit a therapy from a much younger than you fellow Michigander....namely me!
First session will begin the evening before the '14 pig roast.
I'll be the therapist, Raider Bill and Magic Man will moderate.
Could take all night! ;) :D :D :D
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Jeff

Not so pro Michigan as very anti buckeye. Besides, my great nephew is in the wolverine marching band. No small accomplishment.

doctorb

Can't root for the Red Sox.  Just can't.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

red oaks lumber

buckeye's taste like chicken :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WmFritz

Another nail-biter last night. Vicki wouldn't even watch the bottom of the ninth.  poston-smiley

I thought a buckeye was a nut.  :D

Corley5, We are about 4 miles east of Trowbridge Rd. off Lance Lake Rd.
I PMed you.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Woodhauler

Quote from: thecfarm on October 13, 2013, 06:10:18 PM
I can!!!!!!
Is there another team playing this year? RED SOXS ALL THE WAY!!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: red oaks lumber on October 13, 2013, 06:20:38 PM
buckeye's taste like chicken :D

Just keep eat'n them. They'll git ya. ;D

JohnM

Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

WmFritz

That game two loss was like a punch to the stomach. steve_smiley
The Tigers starters have been outstanding but, that DanG bullpen in game two!  arg-smiley
It was tough to see Verlander give up one hit in eight innings and lose tonight.

Even though there's not much offense going on for either team,  I'm really enjoying this ALCS. We're watching some great baseball.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

beenthere

How has Fielder been for the Tigers? He was a great player with the Brewers, but I haven't been paying much attention to his play since he left. Appears he has about doubled in size and he was a big boy (but fast for his size) when he switched teams.
Have not seen much from him in these playoffs.
south central Wisconsin

Thank You Sponsors!