iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Curved quarter sawn white oak bar rail

Started by GAmillworker, October 07, 2013, 10:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAmillworker

This is what we built in my shop last week.  I cut pieces out on cnc first.  Then glued, stacked, and clamped them.  It took almost as long to build jig to hold them to run on the shaper.  I used several different sized bearings to run the jig across the shaper.  The overall hight is 6" starting thikness was 1-3/4".  the jigs in the first pics with the gussets did not work we had to build it with square blocks with template on bottom and plywood support on the top with handles between.  The feeder was just used as a safety to have something between me and the cutter.

Thank the Lord for second chances

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

m wood

WOW, well done.  commercial or private customer?
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

WDH

Look at all that lumber in the rafters  ;D.  Daniel, that is a very well done piece. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

GAmillworker

Thanks guys

m wood,

It is a commercial piece.  It is going in a restaurant bar in Charlot NC the Marshal free house.

Just noticed that it is upside down in all the pics.  the french curve is actually the top with the bead and cove on the bottom.

I rotated and cropped second pic to show the way it goes.  it is datoed in the back to receive 3/4" counter top

Thank the Lord for second chances

Leigh Family Farm

There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Axe Handle Hound

Kilgrosh took the words out of my mouth.  That is very impressive work indeed. 

drobertson

Yep, next level for sure, nice!    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

I do hope to see it with a stain on it and in place,please?  ;D A very nice job.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Lud

Quality work!!  Goin' for a hard poly finish?
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Lud

So the bar is upside down in the pic?   ???

Then the cove with a sharp edge is goin' under where it will meet the thighs of desirable  people!!!!...........Heavens Forfend! .  Best champher away, my friend. 

Perhaps you haven't reviewed the aesthetic . ethical  perspectives of bar surface and sub surface /customer interaction.  Gotta make it nice!   I'd require mockups and extensive testing.  Might be worth recording on video! :D :D :D :D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!