iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My turn, and we're heart broken

Started by low_48, October 07, 2013, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

low_48

Commenting on Burlkraft's loss last week, and I knew we weren't far away from the heartbreak here. It is a heart tearing experience event for sure. We released Ginger's spirit from her pain wracked body today. She suffered night and day, but did it in grace. Her back legs had grown almost useless as she neared her 14th birthday. She was only getting up on her own after a lot of rest, otherwise I had to lift her. She was one of a kind. She got so good with english, we had to spell in front of her. Then she started to understand the spelling. When she looked at me to see if we were going to do something, I could talk to her and give her options. She understood all what I said and would choose the activity she wanted on her own. She was always grateful for any care we gave her, even something as simple as fresh water. She would give a single lick, just to say thank you. As her final thank you, she gave Dr. Kevin Taylor a lick on the hand as he administered the shot. That dog was special. We rescued her and I thought we did her a favor. Found out, we got equal benefit, maybe even more. She was running in her dreams last evening, so happy to see that. God's speed pup, thanks for your love!

sawguy21

Sorry to hear of your loss, there is no better friend than a loyal dog. Yes, it hurts a lot but soon you will be able to smile at memories of her quirky habits.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Stephen1

mans best friend. Enjoy the memories!  sorry for the loss.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

justallan1

Very sorry to hear.
I very much agree that you got as much as her when you took her home. I surely know I get a lot out of my dog Buddy.

Allan

isawlogs

Sorry, man it aint easy letting go of them  :'(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

redbeard

Sorry for your loss.I know how hard it is when the time comes, had to do it with our Mountain dog ( Bernie) last May. She was 12 . I wanted to write a beautiful post like you did but couldn't do it. Thanks for sharing.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Roxie

That was a lovely tribute to Ginger.  I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. 
Say when

terry f

These are getting harder and harder to read, especially for us with older dogs who will be facing this soon enough. Whoever said "mans best friend" knew what they were talking about.

dgdrls

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

Yes, a very fine tribute to a fine companion. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

It's really hard to lose our best buddies.  So sorry for your loss.

thecfarm

Sounds like quite the friend you had there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Real sorry to hear,  beautiful animal she was,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Philmo

Very difficult to take when this happens. Very nice tribute to Ginger.

sandhills

Very sorry to hear that, but a very nice tribute to a beautiful dog.  We have a toy poodle that sounds much the same as far as the English goes, and the spelling for that matter, they truly are mans best friend.  Very sorry for your loss.

Burlkraft

I am sorry for your loss. I know all too well what you are going through. It's been a week for me now and I'm still experiencing the pain. They leave a big hole in your heart when they go. Just try to remember all the good times.
I'm sure they were many.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

low_48

Thanks guys. It's been so quiet in the house, extremely hard to get used to it. We were out tonight and we both had the thought that we should get home soon. Nope, no one here waiting for us. :'(

clww

I'm very saddened to hear of your loss. Absolutely the toughest part of owning a great pet is when they leave us. It's always too soon.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

gspren

Our Ginger who just turned 12 in July looks a lot like your Ginger just not quite as white in the face. I can't stand to think what it will be like without her so I know it's rough for you. Hang in there and remember how good she was.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

DoubleD

Wannabe a sawmiller

Thank You Sponsors!