iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New toy-Pro Mac 650

Started by Yoter, October 07, 2013, 01:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoter

Here is my Pro Mac 650 that I referenced in my other post a little ways down...

Not bad for $40 eh?  As you can see it was either rarely used or well taken care for.  Is there a place I can look up the serial number to tell how old it is?  It has to be at least 20-25 years old right?  Also, it runs like a champ but the oiler does not seem to work-it won't oil automatically nor when when I pump the manual oiler.  Is it simple to unclog them or should I just buy a new one on Ebay?  There seem to be plenty out there.

Al_Smith

Try this first .Dump the oil from the tank and try to run part of a tank of kerosine or diesel fuel through it .Let it sit for while before you try it .

It's an impulse operated diaphragm type oiler .Sometimes the screen in the suction side gets clogged and some times they just quit working for reasons I've never figured out .

You can find them on flea bay or do a google on McCulloch parts .They used to be around $25 but like everything else it seems the price has increased.

I suppose you could try cleaning them out but I never had much luck .

AdkStihl

Not sure about the oiler system, but I assure you that the bucking spikes are on upside down  ;)
J.Miller Photography

Al_Smith

Not if you're back baring  ;D Got catch though .

Thank You Sponsors!