iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmaster Model 718 Planer with extra parts

Started by SPIKER, October 05, 2013, 10:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPIKER

Hi Guys

looking at one of these, "Woodmaster Model 718 Planer"  by photos it seems in good shape, 3 HP 240vac.  Owner said it has some spare cutters, planer blades, he added adjustable ripping bar, hook/loop sanding drum and other stuff, the guy is asking $1500.   Seems a bit high to me but I'm not familiar with them looking at hobby use for while then resell after done with some flooring and misc...

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

yarnammurt

If it's in good shape it's a steal. I just bought a new one, not even put together yet. Got it with the super pro pack and it's right at $5500 :o. But I will put it to good use.
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

Solomon

$5500.00?  You must have bought the big 25 inch 7 1/2 hp machine.
I think Timber King makes those right?
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

yarnammurt

No, got the 18" but got the 3 sided molding system to go with it. 1 pass = t&g flooring. drum sander, rip saw, spiral head.
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

SPIKER

I contacted the gent but he never got back to me, will send additional email but probably missed out.

Mark :(
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

dail_h

I bought one several years ago from a cabinet shop. 718 with sanding drum, some knives , n a holder 4 saws ,,n coupla more collars $300 cash loaded on my truck. I've run a toon of lumber through it,,n has never givin bit of trouble.Using couple of saws n collars on my 20 in RBI on a job this week
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

hackberry jake

I have one. I like it a lot but its like a dual sport motorcycle. It will do both but its not the best at either one. For molding I would get a williams and hussey. For a planer I would get a powermatic or any other dedicated planer. I dont regret buying it at all though. Just got done planing a friend enough cherry for a cathedral ceiling and we also made him t and g walnut flooring. All of it was done on the woodmaster. Dont get any wide molding knives for it. Mine is the 5hp model and its not hard to bog it down making crown or log cabin siding.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Thank You Sponsors!