iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I give up. I'm gettin my own.

Started by Jeff, May 12, 2004, 06:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Well, Tammy wont give up the Forestry Forum truck so I'm makin my own. We got this Bronco last year for only 500 bucks. Body is solid. I drove it all winter and it starts a instantly and runds great. Little lifter noise when it first starts, but thats pretty typical and doent worry me at all.  The Mill mechanic is going to throw it in the shop and give it a work over. Its going to come out white. Then I am getting the Forum logo put on it.  I'm trying to figure out a real cool graphic to put on it somewhere. Maybe it getting cut up by saws or something. It's going to have that nice white Canvas to work with.

Here is the one Tammy beat me out of... :-/ ;)

http://www.tomssaw.com/gallery/album03/Dsc00088?full=1
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

EZ

Nice ride Jeff, I'll give ya a thousand for it.
EZ

Jeff

A thousand? I'm thinkin, I'm thinkin, I'm still thinkin,  NO! ;)

I forgot to mention that Stacy actually bought this rig. She has been driving our ford ranger. I hate that truck. I gave it to her in exchange for this. The ranger is a 99 the bronco is an 88

Rocky_J

I can only think of 2 reasons why you wouldn't like a '99 Ranger- either it's a standard size cab or it has a standard transmission. I have a '94 extended cab with automatic and it's the best truck I've ever owned. My brother-in-law just got a '96 standard cab with bench seat and it's horrible trying to get comfortable in it.

Bruce_A

Jeff

Its an extended cab short box step side. Sweet looking truck but... UNDER POWERED. Has that little v 6 and its a real dog. Gets about 15 miles to the gallon down hill.

Mark M

As for your logo Jeff, may I suggest:

Jeff

Larry

Kathy had an 87 exact same style and same wheels.  Different color.  V-6 motor.  167,000 miles with 3 sets of tires, 1 battery, 1 muffler, and a radiator.  By far the best car we ever had and the only reason we traded was because I thought it had to many miles on it for her to depend on.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Rocky_J

Yeah, that sounds rather pitiful for the 3 liter V6. Most are around 19-20mpg.

I have the 4 liter and it's strong enough for me, a good match for this size truck. My last trip from Connecticut to Florida I went 1200 miles in 17 hours, had the cruise set at 80+ for most of the trip and was getting well over 20mpg. I normally get 17 around town.
 8)

Jeff

This one is only 2 wheel drive. It has a hollow transfer case! I dont think they made to many of the 2 wheel drive version.

redpowerd

im pretty good at hollowin' out t-cases ::)

i know, why dont you take that 1000 bucks and use it for a down payment on a
Quote68 sports satalite refitted with Road runner trim and interior 440 mag out of a Harrison police cruiser, duel quad cross ram intake.
;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

OneWithWood

and just what are you going to do with a 2 wheel drive for half the year?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

I drove it all winter back and forth to work. It gets around pretty good. Never got stuck and we had plenty of snow this year.

ADfields

EZ I got one just like it you can have for $500 and use the other $500 to get it home. ;)   It's an Arizona rig but did spend 1 winter in Alaska on the road but we use no salt hear at all.   2.8 V-6 runs fine but is bit week from age other wise in real good shape and it is 4X4. ;)   See, now ya opened mouth and inserted foot! :D :D :D
Andy

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D

Reminds me of some folks from here that were living and working on the west coast. They took a notion and decided to move back home, since where they were at was pretty isolated. They had an old beater for a FORD pickup and loaded it to the hilt and before they climbed behind the wheel they wrote across the tail gate with a can of paint.

Tobique or bust
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

EZ

ADfields, you drive it here and I'll give ya a thousand. ;D But I'm not going to drive ya back home. :D
EZ

ADfields

I may think on that around October or November I don't leave Alaska in the summer time. ;)
Andy

smwwoody

Lifter noise may just be solid lifters some of them early Bronco II's had solid lifters

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Swede

:o

My Wolkswagen wants 7,5-8 litres/100 km and i think it´s too much.......... ::)

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

rebocardo

> Has that little v 6 and its a real dog. Gets about 15 miles
> to the gallon down hill.

Actually, it is not the 3.0 engine that is a dog, it is the automatic transmission. I had a 1997 4.0 manual and I got better gas mileage then people that had the 3.0/automatic.

I have owned three Bronco II trucks. Here is a picture of my last one. It was camo, but, when I moved I decided to paint it white and had my kids and the neighbor's kids paint red stars on it.

I put a 6"x3"x1/4" steel bumper on the front and used it for getting firewood. Where I use to work, on a huge truck lot, they cut down the birch trees and rolled them down a steep incline, cut and stacked all the tree for firewood, and were going to come back and haul them out once the lot was finished.

They forgot two important things: Full size trucks easily sink in marshy areas and trees like to grow close together in marshy areas.  

So, the owner said I could have all the wood I want as long as I did not get stuck. So, I waited for winter when it got frozen solid, threw it in 4x4 low, and drove through the low end (since the incline was 45 degrees and 20+ feet) of the swamp and hauled it out.

Had to flatten my mirrors in to make it through. I hauled out a lot of birch in that BII  !  I even let my little girl (6 years old) drive it out loaded, though I was a bit nervous with her driving it through some of the trees so I lined it up first.

Thank You Sponsors!