iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lost has been found!!!

Started by Icehouse, October 04, 2013, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehouse

On my bench today was a ms440 that was stolen out of my partners pickup 6 years ago. I was at a local restaurant that has just been taken over by 2 new couples. One of the owners said he had heard I worked on saws sometimes and wondered if I could find out why his saw didn't oil properly. I had him throw his saw in my pickup and I would work on it after lunch. His saw had a 32" ES bar which seemed kind of long for a home wood cutter. Saw was really dirty looked like they had been digging ditches with it. I took saw to shop and took of bar to go into oil pump when I found the problem, dirt, mixed with lots of oil had pluged the oil passage. Cleaned up the bar, air cleaner and sold him a new chain. Took the saw back to his place and told him he owed for a new chain, plus a cup of coffee. He started to tell me about being on vacation with his now partner and had found the saw on a stump, I stopped him and told him that he had found the saw on a Saturday and where the stump was. The poor guy was in shock, I have known him about 2 weeks. After discussion we decided what had happened. 6 yrs ago we were sawing right-away for a new logging road, on Friday they had moved out the cats, excavators, and graders and we finished cleaning up some right-away logs loaded our junk and headed home, stopping off for a couple beers. That was where the saw got lifted, we thought, turns out my partner must have left the saw sitting on a stump. The guys turned the saw into the Ranger Station, my partner got a new saw from the insurance company and 90 days later these guys stopped at the station and retrieved their new saw. Now that's got to be going full circle. 
Favorite Stihl ms361 ms064 Favorite Husky 242xp 262xp

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mad murdock

Ah yes, the circle of life-of a chainsaw 8)  Gotta love it! thanks for sharing :laugh:
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

LeeB

Had the same thing happen with an aluminum canoe once when I lived on the lake. It blew up in a storm. Was pretty beat up. I never took it up from the beach, thinking that someone would come looking for it. About 5 years later was talking to a guy about it and he described it to a t. He thought it had been stolen, filed insurance and bought a new one. I told him to  come get it, never was mine and had never been off the beach except to run trot lines. He didn't want it. It stayed on the beach for another couple of years until I moved.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WmFritz

That story didn't take the direction I thought it was heading. I'm glad it wasn't ill-gotten.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Full Chisel

My Father in law is always losing his glasses. Awhile back, he was getting ready to rush into town to try to get some new ones ordered on a Saturday morning and found his old pair on his head.
Jed: Jethro, how's come they ain't no ice in Kali Forni-a?

Jethro: Don't look at me Uncle Jed. I didn't take it.

Dave Shepard

I was working in the shop at my last job a couple of years ago when my boss came in storming around talking to someone on his cell phone about how he couldn't find his cell phone. I guess the person on the other end had a pretty good idea where it was because he got silent pretty fast and stormed out. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Woodsman416

Great story! I figured that the guy stole it. Glad it turned out different!

Ed

Thank You Sponsors!