iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Have some Questions about a Husky saw

Started by Plowboy, May 12, 2004, 05:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plowboy

I got a Husky 240 saw, since I'm a Sthil man, I was wondering what Sthil saw this would compare to.  Also what size of chain should be on the saw.  The saw doesn't have a decent bar and has no chain.  It seems to run fine, I would like to get a bar and chain and use it for a while.  

kenskip1

Reproduction of this World Wide Web Site in whole or in part is prohibited without permission.
Copyright © 2000-2004 MIKE ACRES - All rights are reserved.

Hope this helps, Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

Jeff

Ken, I deleted almost all of your post. I left the last little bit from the source you got it That should be self expanatory on why I deleted it.

We have to be very careful on copyright info. They put that on the bottom of thier web pages for a reason. They dont want thier content being used somewhere else. What you would do in this case, is make a link to thier page so people can go read it. Websites like links.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

You can put a 16" bar on it with Oregon .325 pitch, 33LG Super Guard chain.
That should be a decent combination.
It's a 40cc saw .

firtol88

It's between an MS210 and MS250 closer to the 250.
There's men who drink Guinness, and there's men who drink what's left when we're done with it.

* Note to Democrats, yes please flee to Canada!

incognitive

Ken,

It's certainly within Jeff's authority to modify content, though perhaps in your case the inclusion of the copyright notice was sufficient to preclude trouble.  It's been my experience that Mike Acres is a reasonable fellow, and since you obviously weren't duplicating his web site and especially not attempting to pawn the data off as your own, it was likely well within "fair use" to copy the page data as you (evidently) did.

Normally the better choice would be to simply provide a link to the page, as Jeff said.  Again, Mike is a reasonable guy, but there are in fact many web sites which specifically prohibit "deep linking" (as it's known) to their site content.  Instead, they prefer you direct people to their main page from where they can navigate in to the desired content.  I say that only to warn you that providing a direct link to an inner-site resource might be frowned upon more than "fair use" copying of information.  Savvy web site developers which want all traffic to come through the portal will simply configure the server to steer "deep" requests through the main channel, however, so it's really best just to provide the link, like

Husky 240S
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/7af3605b046b8afd88256b5200190b6b?OpenDocument

or

Husky 240SE/SG
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/958606a5efd655a088256d09001f6c90?OpenDocument

Plowboy

Thank You Sponsors!