iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Has anyone, in here, already taken the new TRAQ class from ISA?

Started by Sunrise Guy, October 04, 2013, 09:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunrise Guy

I'm signed up for November 11th, and I'm wondering what to expect.  Paying over six bills was hard to swallow, but I'll feel a lot better if someone who has already taken the class and exam can post about how great it was.

thecfarm

Guess I have not took it. I have no idea what all those capitol letters mean?  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DonT

I think it is a worthwhile course,I had planned on taking it in the spring.  DonT

Sunrise Guy

I think you're kidding around but:  Tree Risk Assessment Qualification = TRAQ.  ISA started this program to try and standardize how trees are evaluated for their potential to fail.  The qualification must be redone every five years, from scratch, and there are no CEU's required during the time you hold the credential.  I'm taking the class because I believe I can feel which way the wind is blowing, here in Austin, TX, a city that has some of the most restrictive tree ordinances in the US.  A short while ago, they started requiring the new ISA Tree Risk Assessment Sheet to be used when evaluating a protected-size hazard tree for take-down.  On that sheet it reads:  "To be used only by those holding the TRAQ credential" or something to that effect.  In no time, as I see it, Austin will make the TRAQ credential mandatory for those submitting removal permits on behalf of owners, developers, etc.  As a good deal of my income comes from such submissions, I feel getting the credential is worth the fairly big bucks to do so.  What kind of smarts is I just took a very similar, but abbreviated, class, in the exact same place I'll be taking this one, about two months ago.  Problem was, even though I got CEU's for that class, it wasn't THE class for this credential, so back I'll go, in about another month.

thecfarm

No kidding from here,I don't get off the hill much.   ;D  Thank you and learned about the hoops you have to jump through for the work you do.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!