iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1040 BF of poplar

Started by Seaman, October 04, 2013, 07:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaman

Got a job at a local large circle for my lucas this week. Sunrise Sawmill in Asheville is a wonderful mill, built eleven feet off the ground with steel, very impressive.
When he gets logs too big for his mill, he refers the customer to me, I go up to his place and mill. Flat parking lot, loaders and tractors, bathroom, all those nice things.
He called about a poplar last week, so I got up Wed and Thur this week.
TWO LOGS , first and second cut of one tree, sawed 1040 bf of 4/4. I cut 400 feet in 3 hrs working alone Wed afternoon, then went back yesterday and cut 600 feet in 2 hrs with a stacker.
Also quarter sawed about 200 bf of red oak for the mill owner, who wanted to pay me! No way, it is nice working at his place, and he has sent several customers to my place. That red oak was beautiful!

Sorry, I forgot the camera, I will try to get some pics of his mill soon. They have a website if interested.
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Magicman

Niche markets can be very rewarding in more ways than one.  I look forward to seeing the pictures.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Very good Seaman. What is the largest log his mill can handle?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!