iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Offer made and accepted - Timber Harvester Sawmill

Started by warren46, October 02, 2013, 10:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warren46

I made an offer on a Timber Harvester 36HTE25 yesterday and today the offer was accepted.  Now I just need to pay for it and set it up so it can pay me back.  40HP Electric, all hydraulic with 25 inch band wheels, 36" by 24' log capacity.

I like this mill because it is very heavy built.  This mill is a stationary model with a doubled frame.  The electric should be less expensive to run and easier on the ears.  One down side is there is no manufacturer support as Timber Harvester is no longer in business.  I looked it over pretty carefully and I should be able to get parts from an industrial supply house.

I now need to do site prep and get a slab poured before I can take delivery.  I plan on renting a 30 foot trailer I can tow the 100 miles from its present site.  I am guessing that the machine weighs about 5000 pounds.  If anyone on the forum has a better estimate of what a Timber Harvester 36HTE25 weighs I would like to know.  I have attached a picture from the CMS site where I am buying the machine because I know if there are no pictures it will not happen.

Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

Magicman

Well congrats.  It will be interesting to watch you get her set up.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

I saw that one listed on that site and thought it looked like a pretty well built mill.  Congrats on making the deal.  Keep us up to date on your progress with pics. :)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

dutchman

Nice purchase.
I run a 1995,30 HT. Parts are not a problem.
As for weight I would guess the mill is a little under 5000#.
I think if you look at a similar Cook's mill you could get a weight.

bandmiller2

Good find warren,I consider that mill to be the full equal to any bandmill out there.I have worked with one,that 40hp is considerable overkill.Don't be concerned about parts you will need few and its all supply house stuff. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

dgdrls

http://clouserfarm.tripod.com/thinkerfbandsaws/id1.html

Congratulations on the new mill
You may find this link helpful with your new machine.

DGDrls

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on October 02, 2013, 10:56:17 PM
I saw that one listed on that site and thought it looked like a pretty well built mill.   

What were you doing on that site Paul? Thinking about trading?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Warren, DanG.....when you told me you were getting a mill you weren't kidding.  8)

I'm glad you pulled the trigger....now "SHELBY" can play in your sawdust!  :D

Congrats! I'll send you some business.  :)

warren46

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 03, 2013, 04:09:44 PM
Warren, DanG.....when you told me you were getting a mill you weren't kidding.  8)

I'm glad you pulled the trigger....now "SHELBY" can play in your sawdust!  :D

Congrats! I'll send you some business.  :)

You will need to come see my set up, maybe even come over and make some suggestions about how it should flow.
Warren E. Johnson

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 03, 2013, 04:07:36 PM
Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on October 02, 2013, 10:56:17 PM
I saw that one listed on that site and thought it looked like a pretty well built mill.   

You just never know what might follow me home. ;)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

barbender

Those Timber Harvesters look like a real solid mill, it should serve you well.
Too many irons in the fire

warren46

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's one of my problems err opportunities now.  How do I get that thing to follow me home after I pay for it (another "opportunity").  It is stationary with no trailer option.  I need to rent a bumper pull trailer that will haul something 27 feet long and weighs about 5000 pounds.  Anyone have any ideas?
Warren E. Johnson

Magicman

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on October 03, 2013, 08:39:32 PM
David apparently has not noticed that your profile has turned Orange
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You are right Magic....I did not notice......my bad!

Paul, you can now come to the Christmas Party!  :)

pineywoods

Quote from: warren46 on October 04, 2013, 07:40:42 AM

[/quote]

That's one of my problems err opportunities now.  How do I get that thing to follow me home after I pay for it (another "opportunity").  It is stationary with no trailer option.  I need to rent a bumper pull trailer that will haul something 27 feet long and weighs about 5000 pounds.  Anyone have any ideas?
[/quote]

roll back wrecker ?
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

beenthere

Have been noticing lately the use of the [/quote] sign showing up before the expected quote, when it should just be quote in the brackets ( without the /) .
That will fix the problem as in the last post. ;)  .. just in case anyone is interested.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

I try to always use the "Preview" button before actually making a Post with a Quote.  That way I can view and "fix" it, and the actual Post will be as I intended.  Preview is your friend.   :)

Thank You Sponsors!